Swaffham Town fans vote top scorer Alex Vincent as player of the season
- Credit: Rebecca Palmer
Swaffham Town have celebrated a strong season in the Thurlow Nunn First Division with their annual presentation evening.
The event was held at Swaffham Conservative Club, with over 60 members of the football club suited and booted for the evening.
Midfielder Michael Thompson was named the first-team player of the season and striker Alex Vincent, who scored 24 goals in 34 league games, was named supporters' player of the season.
Club secretary Ray Ewart said: 'The evening consisted of a three course sit-down meal, followed by a brief season's summary from the respective team managers and finally the presentation of awards.
'The evening rounded off a busy season which although has not attracted any silverware, proved to be a great season for the club with each team finishing in a respectable league position.'
You may also want to watch:
Some of the moments re-lived included the club's first experience in the FA Cup, claiming a surprise 2-1 win over higher-level opponents Wisbech Town, in the opening extra-preliminary round of the Budweiser FA Cup.
The win earned the club some national fame as well, after earning the title of 'non-league team of the week' from BBC Radio Five Live pundit and former Premier League midfielder Robbie Savage.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
That run came to an end in the next round with a 2-0 home loss to Huntingdon but they took Hullbridge Sports to a replay in the First Round Proper of the FA Vase.
Chairman Wayne Hardy also delivered a brief response from Marcus Watson, the managing director of club sponsor's Ground Control, thanking the players and support staff for their contributions this season and rallying support for next season.
Ewart added: 'Swaffham Town FC wish to thank all of our sponsors and supporters for their enthusiasm and support and trust that we will continue to provide exciting football competition at the highest standard that we can aspire to, without this community spirit it would not be possible.'