Swaffham Town continue 100pc start to season
- Credit: Submitted
Swaffham Town will look to continue their winning start to the Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign when Team Bury vist Shoemakers Lane on Saturday.
The Pedlars maintained their 100pc start to their league season with a 2-1 win over March Town United last Tuesday.
The condition of the pitch at the GER Sports Ground did not help the Hares, with their defender David Jackson suffering a suspected dislocated ankle and a vicious bobble seeing their keeper make an air-shot clearance, allowing Alex Vincent to pounce and run in to an empty net.
March equalised 10 minutes into the second half, with Pedlars keeper Lee Brooks dislocating a finger in his effort to keep a clean sheet.
Joe Jackson replaced Brooks in goal, with Matthew Parkinson taking the striker's role. Before Brooks had left for hospital, Joe Woods put the Pedlars back in front, a lead that they battled to keep until the 90 minutes had elapsed.
You may also want to watch:
The Team Bury game is a 3pm kick-off on Saturday and is followed by a trip to Downham Town on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).
The Thurlow Nunn under-18 midweek floodlit league starts this Thursday, with the Pedlars welcoming Histon, before playing Fakenham Town at Clipbush Park on Monday.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
Swaffham Reserves are also off to a decent start to the season, with a midweek 3-2 win away to Mattishall Reserves, with goals from Aaron Porter, Loui Hockton and James Buhlemann. This Saturday they travel to Freethorpe for a 2pm kick-off.
The club's veterans start their season on Sunday, hosting Northwold Sports and Social Club in a 2.30pm kick-off.
Attention then shifts to the first-team's FA Vase trip to Yaxley on Saturday, September 6.