Swaffham Town continue 100pc start to season
- Credit: Submitted
Swaffham Town will look to continue their winning start to the Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign when Team Bury vist Shoemakers Lane on Saturday.
The Pedlars maintained their 100pc start to their league season with a 2-1 win over March Town United last Tuesday.
The condition of the pitch at the GER Sports Ground did not help the Hares, with their defender David Jackson suffering a suspected dislocated ankle and a vicious bobble seeing their keeper make an air-shot clearance, allowing Alex Vincent to pounce and run in to an empty net.
March equalised 10 minutes into the second half, with Pedlars keeper Lee Brooks dislocating a finger in his effort to keep a clean sheet.
Joe Jackson replaced Brooks in goal, with Matthew Parkinson taking the striker's role. Before Brooks had left for hospital, Joe Woods put the Pedlars back in front, a lead that they battled to keep until the 90 minutes had elapsed.
You may also want to watch:
The Team Bury game is a 3pm kick-off on Saturday and is followed by a trip to Downham Town on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off).
The Thurlow Nunn under-18 midweek floodlit league starts this Thursday, with the Pedlars welcoming Histon, before playing Fakenham Town at Clipbush Park on Monday.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
Swaffham Reserves are also off to a decent start to the season, with a midweek 3-2 win away to Mattishall Reserves, with goals from Aaron Porter, Loui Hockton and James Buhlemann. This Saturday they travel to Freethorpe for a 2pm kick-off.
The club's veterans start their season on Sunday, hosting Northwold Sports and Social Club in a 2.30pm kick-off.
Attention then shifts to the first-team's FA Vase trip to Yaxley on Saturday, September 6.