Swaffham Town 2 FC Clacton 2
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham came from behind twice to take a point in a 2-2 draw at home to FC Clacton last weekend in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Despite playing catch-up for most of the contest, in hindsight, the Pedlars perhaps should have taken all three points.
The visitors started at break-neck speed, unnerving the young Pedlars side, getting their first goal after 10 minutes.
Joe Jackson restored the balance just seven minutes later with a great strike from the right hand side, across the keeper.
Clacton reacted swiftly and again took the lead two minutes later, keeper Lee Brooks mis-judging a deep cross, the big Clacton centre forward heading home.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham were more determined in the second half, opportunities opened up as the Clacton defence struggled with the pace of the Pedlars strikeforce.
The Swaffham equaliser came in the 64th minute, a free kick awarded 25 yards out, dead centre of goal.
- 1 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 6 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 7 Town’s Christmas market cancelled as ‘too close to lockdown’
- 8 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
Alex Vincent converted, smashing the ball into the top right hand corner as the keeper could only stand and admire such a superb strike on the opening day.
Swaffham were away to Kirkley & Pakefield in last night after the Thetford & Brandon Times went to press.
This Saturday sees an FA Cup derby clash against Thetford Town, kick-off 3pm.
Many thanks to the George Hotel for their generous sponsorship of refreshments after the game.
The Reserves start their Anglian Combination Division Three campaign next Saturday, away to Redgate Rovers, kick-off 2.30pm.