Swaffham Reserves preparing for clash with title rivals Mattishall
- Credit: Archant
Early frost and snow flurries led to Swaffham Town's home fixture with King's Lynn Town Reserves being postponed – completing a fortnight without a game for the Pedlars.
The pitch at Shoemakers Lane was unfit for play because of the cold temperatures, leaving Swaffham in fourth place in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division table.
Paul Hunt's team are scheduled to travel to Stowmarket Town this Saturday, looking to start catching up with the teams above them.
The Pedlars have five games in hand on leaders Long Melford, who are 12 points ahead of them, and third-placed Debenham, who are just three points better off.
Stowmarket won 2-0 at mid-table rivals Halstead Town on Saturday.
Swaffham Reserves won 4-0 at Thorpe Village to remain second in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, ahead of a top-of-the-table clash this weekend.
Goals from Dylan Edge, Luke Reed and two from Ben Harris took full advantage of leaders Mattishall Reserves drawing 1-1 at home against Blofield United Reserves.
- 1 TSB announce closure of its bank in Swaffham
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 4 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 5 Who should you vote for in Breckland by-election?
- 6 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 7 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 8 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Council saluted by RSPCA for its care of stray animals
Mattishall are now just a point ahead of the Pedlars ahead of their trip to Shoemakers Lane on Saturday (2.30pm kick-off), with Swaffham also having a game in hand.
On Sunday, Swaffham Veterans are due to be away at Northwold Sports & Social Club in the Norfolk FA Veterans Football League Championship.