Swaffham fight back to win
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.
As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Wisbech then increased their lead with a solo effort by the scrum-half.
Swaffham didn't let their heads drop as the score was now 12-0 and with some good back play Swaffham's Scott Evans scored with a jinking run.
You may also want to watch:
The half-time score was 12-5.
In the second half the Swaffham forwards took the game by the scruff of the neck with some excellent rucking play.
- 1 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 2 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 3 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
Ben Dawes, with some good runs from scrum-half, opened up the Wisbech defence and the backs took full advantage with Jamie Thompson running in two tries and Jake Bartholemew pouncing a try on the line to finish the match 20-12.
This registered 15 unanswered points in the second half to round off an excellent Swaffham team performance and gain a 20-12 victory.