Swaffham fight back to win
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.
As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Wisbech then increased their lead with a solo effort by the scrum-half.
Swaffham didn't let their heads drop as the score was now 12-0 and with some good back play Swaffham's Scott Evans scored with a jinking run.
You may also want to watch:
The half-time score was 12-5.
In the second half the Swaffham forwards took the game by the scruff of the neck with some excellent rucking play.
- 1 Five-acre allotment site to be sold after failed council land swap deal
- 2 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 7 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 8 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 9 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Ben Dawes, with some good runs from scrum-half, opened up the Wisbech defence and the backs took full advantage with Jamie Thompson running in two tries and Jake Bartholemew pouncing a try on the line to finish the match 20-12.
This registered 15 unanswered points in the second half to round off an excellent Swaffham team performance and gain a 20-12 victory.