Swaffham fight back to win
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Equally-matched sides Swaffham and Wisbech started off playing good rugby.
As the half progressed Wisbech scored a well-taken try from a five-metre scrum from the restart.
Wisbech then increased their lead with a solo effort by the scrum-half.
Swaffham didn't let their heads drop as the score was now 12-0 and with some good back play Swaffham's Scott Evans scored with a jinking run.
The half-time score was 12-5.
In the second half the Swaffham forwards took the game by the scruff of the neck with some excellent rucking play.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 7 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Ben Dawes, with some good runs from scrum-half, opened up the Wisbech defence and the backs took full advantage with Jamie Thompson running in two tries and Jake Bartholemew pouncing a try on the line to finish the match 20-12.
This registered 15 unanswered points in the second half to round off an excellent Swaffham team performance and gain a 20-12 victory.