Swaffham eye derby win against King’s Lynn Town Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham will be looking for their first win in 2015 at home to King's Lynn Reserves this weekend as they step up their promotion bid.
The Pedlars were without a game last weekend due to Team Bury's pitch being waterlogged but they will be looking to close the gap on leaders Long Melford on Saturday when they take on The Walks outfit.
Swaffham fought out a thrilling 2-2 draw against Long Melford earlier this month and sit nine points off the pace, although they do have four games in hand.
Meanwhile, Swaffham Reserves enjoyed an impressive 4-2 win over South Walsham.
It was the visitors who struck first though when Adam Brown coolly slotted home on the half-hour mark. Swaffham drew level before the break though thanks to a fine far post header by Ben Harris.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham got their noses in front within two minutes of the restart thanks to Ashley Page and Jake Buhlemann gave them a two-goal cushion with a tidy finish. South Walsham pulled one back to set up a grandstand finish but Buhlemann made sure of victory from the penalty spot after Finlay Bloodworth was brought down inside the penalty area. This Saturday the reserves travel to Thorpe Village.
Swaffham U18s enjoyed a great 3-0 win over Easton & Otley Colley in the Thurlow Nunn Youth Cup thanks to goals from Luke Reed and Dylan Edge (2). They return to league action tomorrow at home to Downham Town (7.45pm kick-off).
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 3 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 4 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 8 Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal gets £10,000 boost
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village