Swaffham 0 Long Melford 4 – Poor week for Pedlars
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town were left to rue missed opportunities against Norwich United and Long Melford.
On Saturday, against Melford, they went down to a 4-0 defeat which flattered their opponents.
The Pedlars missed numerous opportunities early on and paid the price.
On Tuesday evening they put in a great performance against League leaders Norwich United.
Swaffham were denied a penalty just before half-time, which would have equalled the score and eventually went down 3-1, Alex Vincent converting a second-half penalty.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend the Pedlars welcome Bourne Town to Shoemakers Lane in the FA Vase Competition.
The Wakes' play in the United Counties Division One and the fixture promises to be exciting and entertaining.
- 1 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 9 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
The Under 18s enjoyed better fare in the week with a 3-1 victory over Mildenhall Town in the FA Youth Cup.
An early goal from Conor McQuaid in the third minute unsettled the visitors to then be rattled with a further goal in the sixth minute and third in the 25th minute.
Matthew Blackford got both the goals.
Mildenhall rallied and pulled one back in the 53rd minute but the Pedlars dug in deep and held on to victory.
They will play the next round during the week commencing October 5, against Stowmarket Town, who overcame Fakenham 3-1 in the first qualifying round.
The Reserves were unlucky in their game against Hemsby last Saturday as the young squad eventually lost 6-3 to a good side.
They too are in cup action on Saturday, welcoming Costessey Sports for the County Junior Cup, kick off 2.30pm.