Special guests at Watton Bowls Club
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.
A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
On Saturday the President's Day was held,
Watton's president Ron Hurrell is stepping down at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The club held an inter-club competition playing teams of triples, the winners were Charles Newman, Mike Muggeridge, and Steff Hubble. The president presented them with a winning gift,
This was followed by a tea provided by members with strawberry scones to finish.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 8 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
On Sunday the club held the Anniversary Triples, the finals of which was a win by Terry Crockett, Sid Keppler and Terry Law. against Charles Newman, June Walker and A Muggeridge.