Special guests at Watton Bowls Club
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.
A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
On Saturday the President's Day was held,
Watton's president Ron Hurrell is stepping down at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The club held an inter-club competition playing teams of triples, the winners were Charles Newman, Mike Muggeridge, and Steff Hubble. The president presented them with a winning gift,
This was followed by a tea provided by members with strawberry scones to finish.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
On Sunday the club held the Anniversary Triples, the finals of which was a win by Terry Crockett, Sid Keppler and Terry Law. against Charles Newman, June Walker and A Muggeridge.