Special guests at Watton Bowls Club
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.
A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
On Saturday the President's Day was held,
Watton's president Ron Hurrell is stepping down at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The club held an inter-club competition playing teams of triples, the winners were Charles Newman, Mike Muggeridge, and Steff Hubble. The president presented them with a winning gift,
This was followed by a tea provided by members with strawberry scones to finish.
- 1 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 2 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 7 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
On Sunday the club held the Anniversary Triples, the finals of which was a win by Terry Crockett, Sid Keppler and Terry Law. against Charles Newman, June Walker and A Muggeridge.