Special guests at Watton Bowls Club
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
LAST Thursday, Watton Bowls Club was honoured by a visit by the Norfolk Ladies Vice-President's team.
A game of six triples was played, followed by a meal held in the gallery bar afterwards, The result was a win for the Norfolk Ladies VP's by 11 shots.
On Saturday the President's Day was held,
Watton's president Ron Hurrell is stepping down at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The club held an inter-club competition playing teams of triples, the winners were Charles Newman, Mike Muggeridge, and Steff Hubble. The president presented them with a winning gift,
This was followed by a tea provided by members with strawberry scones to finish.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
On Sunday the club held the Anniversary Triples, the finals of which was a win by Terry Crockett, Sid Keppler and Terry Law. against Charles Newman, June Walker and A Muggeridge.