Soggy play at Swaffham
Swaffham Golf Club held its Mixed Open recently in what could only be described as slightly damp conditions. Following several very heavy downpours in the preceding days the pins were placed on the highest points on the greens with hope that the rains would miss Swaffham.
Swaffham Golf Club held its Mixed Open recently in what could only be described as slightly damp conditions.
Following several very heavy downpours in the preceding days the pins were placed on the highest points on the greens with hope that the rains would miss Swaffham.
Ninety-two golfers representing 28 golf clubs from across the region managed to play a greensome stableford competition despite a torrential downpour just as the first players started their round.
With some degree of luck the course remained playable and the sun came out for most of the afternoon. Despite the wet conditions the course was presented to the highest standard and an excellent meal followed the golf.
The results are as follows:
Men's nearest the pin on the 6th hole: Roger Byford (Gosford Lakes Golf Club).
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 6 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
Ladies nearest the pin on the 16th: Mary Gamble (Bawburgh Golf Club).
Fourth place went to Malcolm & Christine Fuller Feltwell 37 points. Third place Ronnie and Betty Engledow (King's Lynn), 37 points on count back.
Second place Anthony Bird (Royal Cromer) and Mary MacClean (Mundsley GC) 40 points on count back.
First place went to Roger and Margaret Byford (Gosford Lakes) 40 points on count back.
The winners (above) are from left: Christine Fuller, Malcolm Fuller, Betty Engledow, Ronnie Engledow, First Place winners Roger Byford & Margaret Byford, Mary MacClean & Anthony Bird.