Sims leads Saham to victory
Saham Toney (23 pts) beat Garboldisham (6 pts) by three wickets in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two after a close encounter at Pages Lane.Heavy overnight rain left Saham's pitch looking good to bowl on.
Saham Toney (23 pts) beat Garboldisham (6 pts) by three wickets in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two after a close encounter at Pages Lane.
Heavy overnight rain left Saham's pitch looking good to bowl on.
Saham won the toss and put Garboldisham under pressure from the start with Ben Smart testing the away side's resources. He took the first three wickets to fall, all caught by wicket- keeper Dale Sims.
Garboldisham moved to a 98-3, but Simon Mower changed that with two wickets in two balls including the overseas player.
Garboldisham continued to lose wickets but posted a useful total of 164 in the bowling conditions.
Mower crabbed two more to finish with 4-40 off 10 overs while Will Dyer got his rewards by cleaning up the tail with a haul of 3-21.
- 1 New lake could be dug in west Norfolk tourism hotspot
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 4 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Woman to stand trial following fatal crash with motorcyclist
- 6 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 7 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 8 Public toilets unusable after been vandalised four times in a week
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Saham felt a solid start would go along way to securing victory and Ben Smart (25) tucked into the bowling with some expansive shots.
Then Saham collapsed from 33 without loss to 56-6 after 15 overs.
With Dale Sims yet to score and David Ellis about to join him in the middle, Saham needed something special.
Both dug deep and confidence started to grow, the two of them formed a match-winning partnership of 95 in 19 overs.
With Saham just 15 short, Ellis fell for a excellent 33, but Sims stood strong to lead his side to victory with a brilliant unbeaten 57.
Saham would also like to offer chairman and player Ian Lovick their best wishes on a speedy recovery after being ruled out for the rest of the season.
This weekend Saham are at home to North Runcton.
Garboldisham: M Hinds lbw Mower 48, I Melvin c Sims B Smart 13, D Cash c Sims B Smart 0, A Hogg c Sims B Smart 0, A Whistler c Ellis b Mower 29, H Phoenix B Dyer 14, L Rackham c W Smart B Mower 17, C Wright c B Smart B Mower 16, R Fuller c Mower B Dyer 0, A Emms B Dyer 0, R Goodwin not out 0; extras 27. Total 165. Bowling: B Smart 12-2-44-3, S Pitkethly 6-0-32-0, W Dyer 7.1-2-21-3, P Norman 2-0-7-0, S Mower 10-0-40-4, D Ellis 3-0-14-0.
Saham: A Wood B Fuller 8, B Smart c Hogg B Rackham 25, M Thomas c-b Rackham 2, A McGeorge c Melvin B Fuller 2, S Pitkethly c Hogg b Rackham 10, S Mower c Wright B Fuller 0, D Sims not out 57, D Ellis c Hinds B Emms 33, W Dyer not out 5. Extras 27. Total 165 for 7. Bowling: R Fuller 11-3-35-3, L Rackham 11-4-41-3, C Wright 5-0-25-0, A Emms 8.1-1-36-1, M Hinds 4-0-19-0.