Sims leads Saham to victory
Saham Toney (23 pts) beat Garboldisham (6 pts) by three wickets in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two after a close encounter at Pages Lane.Heavy overnight rain left Saham's pitch looking good to bowl on.
Saham Toney (23 pts) beat Garboldisham (6 pts) by three wickets in the Norfolk Alliance Division Two after a close encounter at Pages Lane.
Heavy overnight rain left Saham's pitch looking good to bowl on.
Saham won the toss and put Garboldisham under pressure from the start with Ben Smart testing the away side's resources. He took the first three wickets to fall, all caught by wicket- keeper Dale Sims.
Garboldisham moved to a 98-3, but Simon Mower changed that with two wickets in two balls including the overseas player.
You may also want to watch:
Garboldisham continued to lose wickets but posted a useful total of 164 in the bowling conditions.
Mower crabbed two more to finish with 4-40 off 10 overs while Will Dyer got his rewards by cleaning up the tail with a haul of 3-21.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
Saham felt a solid start would go along way to securing victory and Ben Smart (25) tucked into the bowling with some expansive shots.
Then Saham collapsed from 33 without loss to 56-6 after 15 overs.
With Dale Sims yet to score and David Ellis about to join him in the middle, Saham needed something special.
Both dug deep and confidence started to grow, the two of them formed a match-winning partnership of 95 in 19 overs.
With Saham just 15 short, Ellis fell for a excellent 33, but Sims stood strong to lead his side to victory with a brilliant unbeaten 57.
Saham would also like to offer chairman and player Ian Lovick their best wishes on a speedy recovery after being ruled out for the rest of the season.
This weekend Saham are at home to North Runcton.
Garboldisham: M Hinds lbw Mower 48, I Melvin c Sims B Smart 13, D Cash c Sims B Smart 0, A Hogg c Sims B Smart 0, A Whistler c Ellis b Mower 29, H Phoenix B Dyer 14, L Rackham c W Smart B Mower 17, C Wright c B Smart B Mower 16, R Fuller c Mower B Dyer 0, A Emms B Dyer 0, R Goodwin not out 0; extras 27. Total 165. Bowling: B Smart 12-2-44-3, S Pitkethly 6-0-32-0, W Dyer 7.1-2-21-3, P Norman 2-0-7-0, S Mower 10-0-40-4, D Ellis 3-0-14-0.
Saham: A Wood B Fuller 8, B Smart c Hogg B Rackham 25, M Thomas c-b Rackham 2, A McGeorge c Melvin B Fuller 2, S Pitkethly c Hogg b Rackham 10, S Mower c Wright B Fuller 0, D Sims not out 57, D Ellis c Hinds B Emms 33, W Dyer not out 5. Extras 27. Total 165 for 7. Bowling: R Fuller 11-3-35-3, L Rackham 11-4-41-3, C Wright 5-0-25-0, A Emms 8.1-1-36-1, M Hinds 4-0-19-0.