Saham Toney skipper in great form
- Credit: Archant
Saham Toney returned to winning ways with a convincing eight-wicket win over neighbours Bradenham in Division Two of the Norfolk Alliance.
Skipper Ady Wood won the toss and put Bradenham into bat, who started brightly with an opening partnership of 37 before Kristien Fletcher grabbed his first wicket of the afternoon, followed shortly with his second to reduce Bradenham to 54-2.
Bradenham made steady progress to reach 81-2 before Simon Mower then took two wickets in two balls. Wickets fell at regular intervals from then on. Mower grabbed his third to finish up with 3-24. Mark Hunter also picked up 2-16 against his former club and Stuart Lake mopped up the tail to finish with 3-14.
Saham were outstanding in the field with nine of the dismissals being caught, with Ady Woods, Eube Huckle, Xavier Huckle and David Ellis all catching two each. Bradenham were all out for 131 inside 40 overs.
Ady Wood and Ben Smart scored freely at the top of the order for Saham with their highest opening partnership of the season. This didn't look like being broken until Smart (32) was unlucky when he slipped attempting a single to be run out.
You may also want to watch:
Mower (16) joined Wood to get the score within six runs before Mower fell. This left Hunter (4no) to help see Saham home with more than 20 overs left and Wood finish off a man of the match performance with gloves and bat, finishing 73 not out.
Saham visit bottom of the table Bungay on Saturday.
- 1 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 2 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 3 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple