Saham Toney hit low note after being bowled out for 84
- Credit: IAN BURT
Saham Toney batsman Andrew McGeorge could only watch on in amazement during his side's nine-wicket defeat at Norwich A in Division Two of the Norfolk Alliance on Saturday.
McGeorge scored an unbeaten 70 as his team-mates struggled, to leave Saham all out for 84.
Norwich A then lost just one wicket as they chased down their target successfully, Tom Goodley leading the way with an unbeaten 60.
The nine-wicket defeat leaves Saham in eighth place in Division Two.
The club's A team enjoyed better fortunes in Division Four of the Norfolk League though.
You may also want to watch:
They welcomed Winterton B and batted first, scoring 156-9, before bowling their opponents out for just 87.
Saham only had 10 players and got off to a shaky start when their openers struggled to find their groove, S Oxley going for four, M Webster for one and Tom Rutland for five.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
M Wood and D Bowman then both scored 26 to get the innings moving in the right direction, before J Rummer stole the show with 11 fours in his top-scoring knock of 56.
The tail struggled to offer any sting and the home side were all out for 156, with Dan Barsley taking five of the wickets for Winterton.
Webster then matched that effort for Saham though, taking five wickets for just six runs in seven overs to help bowl the visitors out for 87.
The 69-run victory leaves the A team in third place in the table.