Saham Toney hit low note after being bowled out for 84
- Credit: IAN BURT
Saham Toney batsman Andrew McGeorge could only watch on in amazement during his side's nine-wicket defeat at Norwich A in Division Two of the Norfolk Alliance on Saturday.
McGeorge scored an unbeaten 70 as his team-mates struggled, to leave Saham all out for 84.
Norwich A then lost just one wicket as they chased down their target successfully, Tom Goodley leading the way with an unbeaten 60.
The nine-wicket defeat leaves Saham in eighth place in Division Two.
The club's A team enjoyed better fortunes in Division Four of the Norfolk League though.
You may also want to watch:
They welcomed Winterton B and batted first, scoring 156-9, before bowling their opponents out for just 87.
Saham only had 10 players and got off to a shaky start when their openers struggled to find their groove, S Oxley going for four, M Webster for one and Tom Rutland for five.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 7 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
M Wood and D Bowman then both scored 26 to get the innings moving in the right direction, before J Rummer stole the show with 11 fours in his top-scoring knock of 56.
The tail struggled to offer any sting and the home side were all out for 156, with Dan Barsley taking five of the wickets for Winterton.
Webster then matched that effort for Saham though, taking five wickets for just six runs in seven overs to help bowl the visitors out for 87.
The 69-run victory leaves the A team in third place in the table.