Saham Tonet pile on the runs
In Norfolk Alliance Division Two, Saham Toney visited Kirkley and recorded a victory by 139 runs.After being put into bat Saham openers G Maxwell and A Wood put on 139 for the first wicket.
In Norfolk Alliance Division Two, Saham Toney visited Kirkley and recorded a victory by 139 runs.
After being put into bat Saham openers G Maxwell and A Wood put on 139 for the first wicket. A Wood added another half-century to his season's tally by scoring 53 whilst G Maxwell added another century to continue his outstanding form scoring exactly 100.
After both openers fell to the bowling of C Guy, S Mower and M Thomas carried the innings along as both scored 38 before the innings finished on 264-4 off 46 overs.
In response Kirkley were bowled out for 113. After the first wicket fell Saham then claimed regular wickets to claim victory. Wickets were shared around with W Dyer carrying on his recent excellent form by claiming 3-9 whilst G Maxwell claimed 2-33, S Mower 1-29, W Smart 1-27. The innings was finished off by E Huckle who making his first team debut bowled 3.5-0-11-3.
You may also want to watch:
This week sees Saham entertain Dereham in their last home league game of the season.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland