Saham Tonet pile on the runs
In Norfolk Alliance Division Two, Saham Toney visited Kirkley and recorded a victory by 139 runs.After being put into bat Saham openers G Maxwell and A Wood put on 139 for the first wicket.
In Norfolk Alliance Division Two, Saham Toney visited Kirkley and recorded a victory by 139 runs.
After being put into bat Saham openers G Maxwell and A Wood put on 139 for the first wicket. A Wood added another half-century to his season's tally by scoring 53 whilst G Maxwell added another century to continue his outstanding form scoring exactly 100.
After both openers fell to the bowling of C Guy, S Mower and M Thomas carried the innings along as both scored 38 before the innings finished on 264-4 off 46 overs.
In response Kirkley were bowled out for 113. After the first wicket fell Saham then claimed regular wickets to claim victory. Wickets were shared around with W Dyer carrying on his recent excellent form by claiming 3-9 whilst G Maxwell claimed 2-33, S Mower 1-29, W Smart 1-27. The innings was finished off by E Huckle who making his first team debut bowled 3.5-0-11-3.
You may also want to watch:
This week sees Saham entertain Dereham in their last home league game of the season.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk