Saham skipper lines up changes
Saham Toney skipper Simon Mower is taking action to try and avoid another Alliance Division Two defeat.
He is looking to tinker with the batting line-up before Saturday's home game against Sheringham.
It is already starting to look like a must-win game with both teams in the bottom three.
He said: 'Something is not quite right. I feel we have a good side on paper, yet we are struggling on the field.
'You have to stand up and be counted and at the minute we are not doing that as a team. The bowling unit has been good so far this season, but batting we have come up short.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Bruno [Norman] was superb on his debut but the rest of us failed to help him get Saham near the target.'
After two defeats Saham Toney were looking to bounce back at Dereham.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
After winning the toss, Saham looked to apply pressure on their opponents.
Despite a decent bowling performance, Saham's fielding was nothing short of woeful. Dropped catches, mis-fields and missed run-out chances allowed Dereham to post 228 for eight.
Simon Pitkethley was the pick of a frustrated bowling attack and deserved more luck, despite taking 3-41.
As heads dropped, the Saham skipper tried to rally his troops at the interval, but the batting was as bad as the fielding, as Saham found themselves 56 for five in the 20th over, despite Bruno Norman, on his debut, making a superb 70.
Simon Mower (30) and Perry Sims (23 no) offered support but Dereham managed bowl Saham out with two overs to spare, to win by 50 runs.
Saham will look to bounce back from this latest defeat on Saturday.
Dereham: D Lake c D Sims b Pitkethly 4, D Hewitt c Norman b Dyer 32, J Perry-West c Mower b P Sims 16, J Anema c-b McGeorge 43, N Irons b Ellis 41, P Milbourne b Ellis 13, K Fletcher not out 22, M Cheetham c-b Pitkethly 22, N Cains c Dyer b Pitkethly 0, G Starling not out 0; extras 43. Total (8 wkts) 228. Bowling: S Pitkethly 11-0-41-3, P Norman 8-0-34-0, W Dyer 8-044-1, P Sims 8-0-32-1, D Ellis 7-0-31-2, A McGeorge 4-0-35-1.
Saham Toney: A Wood c Anema b Starling 0, D Sims lbw b Starling 13, S Pitkethly c Burridge b Cains 1, B Norman c Starling b Anema 70, A McGeorge c Hewitt b Starling 6, D Ellis b Cheetham 2, S Mower lbw b Anema 30, W Dyer c Starling b Anema 0, P Sims not out 23, P Norman c Lake b Anema 10, D Bowman b Starling 7; extras 11. Total (all out) 178. Bowling: N Cains 8-2-20-1, G Starling 11-4-24-4, K Fletcher 6-0-33-0, M Cheetham 9-1-54-1, J Anema 9-0-54-4.