Saham on good form
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.
They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
For the second week running the batting top order produced the goods as Saham scored a massive 296-5.
G Maxwell and A Wood put on 102 for the first wicket before G Maxwell was out for 63, which included seven sixes, while A Wood scored 52.
You may also want to watch:
M Thomas continued his good form, scoring 78 not out, and received good support from S Mower (18) and G Leggett (19).
T Smart then came to the crease and scored a swashbuckling 48 not out, including five sixes.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
He then continued his good day by claiming an early Horsford wicket and finished with outstanding figures of 10-4-13-2.
Saham were denied an outright victory as Horsford reached 150-8 off their overs.
M Spenceley (55) and S Lincoln (30) were the thorn in Saham's side.
The bowling honours were shared as W Smart claimed 1-34, G Maxwell 1-23 and W Dyer was the most successful bowler claiming figures of 3-19.