Saham on good form
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.
They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
For the second week running the batting top order produced the goods as Saham scored a massive 296-5.
G Maxwell and A Wood put on 102 for the first wicket before G Maxwell was out for 63, which included seven sixes, while A Wood scored 52.
You may also want to watch:
M Thomas continued his good form, scoring 78 not out, and received good support from S Mower (18) and G Leggett (19).
T Smart then came to the crease and scored a swashbuckling 48 not out, including five sixes.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
He then continued his good day by claiming an early Horsford wicket and finished with outstanding figures of 10-4-13-2.
Saham were denied an outright victory as Horsford reached 150-8 off their overs.
M Spenceley (55) and S Lincoln (30) were the thorn in Saham's side.
The bowling honours were shared as W Smart claimed 1-34, G Maxwell 1-23 and W Dyer was the most successful bowler claiming figures of 3-19.