Saham on good form
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
ON-FORM Saham Toney entertain Dersingham at Pages Lane on Saturday before travelling to Downham Market on Sunday in the Stan Biss Trophy.
They continued their good Alliance Division Two form last weekend with another convincing winning draw when they hosted Horsford A.
For the second week running the batting top order produced the goods as Saham scored a massive 296-5.
G Maxwell and A Wood put on 102 for the first wicket before G Maxwell was out for 63, which included seven sixes, while A Wood scored 52.
M Thomas continued his good form, scoring 78 not out, and received good support from S Mower (18) and G Leggett (19).
T Smart then came to the crease and scored a swashbuckling 48 not out, including five sixes.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 6 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
He then continued his good day by claiming an early Horsford wicket and finished with outstanding figures of 10-4-13-2.
Saham were denied an outright victory as Horsford reached 150-8 off their overs.
M Spenceley (55) and S Lincoln (30) were the thorn in Saham's side.
The bowling honours were shared as W Smart claimed 1-34, G Maxwell 1-23 and W Dyer was the most successful bowler claiming figures of 3-19.