Saham hoping for better
Saham Toney lost to Saxlingham at Saxlingham by 74 runs in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.They will aim to improve when they entertain Garboldisham this Saturday.
Saham Toney lost to Saxlingham at Saxlingham by 74 runs in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.
They will aim to improve when they entertain Garboldisham this Saturday.
With the hosts batting first Saham had control for the first 30 overs with S Pikethley (9-0-38-1) and P Norman (10-4-20-0) making run scoring difficult.
P Norman was the pick of the bowlers and must consider himself very unlucky to be wicketless.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, 70 runs were conceded from the last six overs as Saxlingham reached 222-7 off their 46 overs.
Wickets were shared between B Smart (1-51), S Pikethley (1-38), D Ellis (3-66) and I Lovick (1-40).
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
Things continued to go downhill for Saham when they batted and the loss of regular wickets saw them all out for 148 with 13 overs still remaining.
Only A Wood (37) and S Mower (29) showed any kind of resistance.
Saxlingham: W Burnell c-b Pikethley 21, D Lacey run out 3, A Pearson c Mower b Ellis 39, D English c Sims b Ellis 16, D Adams c-b Lovick 39, B Ludden b B Smart 4, D Browne not out 28, A Brown c Pikethley b Ellis 47, N Forsdick not out 0; extras 25. Total (7 wkts) 222. Bowling: B Smart 10-1-51-1, S Pikethley 9-0-38-1, P Norman 9.5-4-20-0, D Ellis 11-2-66-3, S Mower 1-1-0-0
Saham Toney: A Wood c b Adams 37, B Smart c b Cudden 6, S Pikethley c b Adams 2, M Thomas c b Burnel 5, D Ellis lbw Burnel 10, S Mower c b Adams 29, D Sims b Brown 5, P Norman c b Adams 4, W Smart b Brown 4, J Norman b Brown 0, I Lovick not out 2; extras 44. Total 148. Bowling: B Cudden 6-1-23-1,
Phillips 4-0-22-0, D Adams 12-2-38-4, W Burnel 7-1-37-2, A Brown 5-0-31-3.