Saham hoping for better
Saham Toney lost to Saxlingham at Saxlingham by 74 runs in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.They will aim to improve when they entertain Garboldisham this Saturday.
Saham Toney lost to Saxlingham at Saxlingham by 74 runs in Norfolk Alliance Division Two.
They will aim to improve when they entertain Garboldisham this Saturday.
With the hosts batting first Saham had control for the first 30 overs with S Pikethley (9-0-38-1) and P Norman (10-4-20-0) making run scoring difficult.
P Norman was the pick of the bowlers and must consider himself very unlucky to be wicketless.
Unfortunately, 70 runs were conceded from the last six overs as Saxlingham reached 222-7 off their 46 overs.
Wickets were shared between B Smart (1-51), S Pikethley (1-38), D Ellis (3-66) and I Lovick (1-40).
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 9 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
Things continued to go downhill for Saham when they batted and the loss of regular wickets saw them all out for 148 with 13 overs still remaining.
Only A Wood (37) and S Mower (29) showed any kind of resistance.
Saxlingham: W Burnell c-b Pikethley 21, D Lacey run out 3, A Pearson c Mower b Ellis 39, D English c Sims b Ellis 16, D Adams c-b Lovick 39, B Ludden b B Smart 4, D Browne not out 28, A Brown c Pikethley b Ellis 47, N Forsdick not out 0; extras 25. Total (7 wkts) 222. Bowling: B Smart 10-1-51-1, S Pikethley 9-0-38-1, P Norman 9.5-4-20-0, D Ellis 11-2-66-3, S Mower 1-1-0-0
Saham Toney: A Wood c b Adams 37, B Smart c b Cudden 6, S Pikethley c b Adams 2, M Thomas c b Burnel 5, D Ellis lbw Burnel 10, S Mower c b Adams 29, D Sims b Brown 5, P Norman c b Adams 4, W Smart b Brown 4, J Norman b Brown 0, I Lovick not out 2; extras 44. Total 148. Bowling: B Cudden 6-1-23-1,
Phillips 4-0-22-0, D Adams 12-2-38-4, W Burnel 7-1-37-2, A Brown 5-0-31-3.