Rocklands ease to victory
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.
CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
The good work was continued by Les Abel and Richard Smith and at 23 overs CEYMS had reached only 37-3. P Micklethwaite with 48 and A Gould with 24no helped CEYMS to reach 150-8 after 45 overs.
Flatt finished with 4-40, Carr 1-18 from 12 overs, Abel 2-32 and Smith 1-42.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Rocklands started steadily with the experienced duo of Abel and Merv Mann reaching 31 before Abel was bowled.
Will Defoe dominated the bowling from the start. The partnership was worth 70 when Mann was caught for 25.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 8 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 9 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
Matthew Mann helped Defoe to reach the total in the 37th over. Defoe hit 15 fours and one six in his 82no and Mann also hit a huge six in his 13no.
This weekend Rocklands face second- placed Bradenham A at home.