Rocklands ease to victory
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.
CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
The good work was continued by Les Abel and Richard Smith and at 23 overs CEYMS had reached only 37-3. P Micklethwaite with 48 and A Gould with 24no helped CEYMS to reach 150-8 after 45 overs.
Flatt finished with 4-40, Carr 1-18 from 12 overs, Abel 2-32 and Smith 1-42.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Rocklands started steadily with the experienced duo of Abel and Merv Mann reaching 31 before Abel was bowled.
Will Defoe dominated the bowling from the start. The partnership was worth 70 when Mann was caught for 25.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 6 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
Matthew Mann helped Defoe to reach the total in the 37th over. Defoe hit 15 fours and one six in his 82no and Mann also hit a huge six in his 13no.
This weekend Rocklands face second- placed Bradenham A at home.