Rocklands ease to victory
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
ROCKLANDS secured an ultimately comfortable eight-wicket win against a youthful CEYMS team to lift themselves up to third place in Division Four.
CEYMS batted first and struggled against pacey bowling from Danny Flatt and the customary accuracy of Steve Carr.
The good work was continued by Les Abel and Richard Smith and at 23 overs CEYMS had reached only 37-3. P Micklethwaite with 48 and A Gould with 24no helped CEYMS to reach 150-8 after 45 overs.
Flatt finished with 4-40, Carr 1-18 from 12 overs, Abel 2-32 and Smith 1-42.
In reply, Rocklands started steadily with the experienced duo of Abel and Merv Mann reaching 31 before Abel was bowled.
Will Defoe dominated the bowling from the start. The partnership was worth 70 when Mann was caught for 25.
- 1 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 2 Woman set for crucial surgery after £20,000 target reached
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 5 Video footage appeal after car crashed into A47 central reservation
- 6 Care home burglar recalled to prison over racist assault
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
Matthew Mann helped Defoe to reach the total in the 37th over. Defoe hit 15 fours and one six in his 82no and Mann also hit a huge six in his 13no.
This weekend Rocklands face second- placed Bradenham A at home.