Richmond Park golfers support armed forces charity
- Credit: Archant
Last week 36 members of the Richmond Park Golf Club Seniors' section took part in a Stableford competition in aid of SSAFA.
Richmond Park has a long association with the armed forces, and has supported this charity for over 10 years.
As in previous years the field was divided into two groups. The 'boys', for those members who are under 70 years old and the 'grown-ups', for those over 70. This year there were 18 competitors in each group.
The entry fees and other donations raised £200 on the day for the SSAFA, which supports members of the armed forces past and present and their families.
Ian Pilcher from the charity expressed the charity's gratitude and presented gifts to runners-up Bernie Murphy and David Wakeford.
You may also want to watch:
The winners, Terry Lees for the under-70s with an excellent 39 points and John Vincent for the older group with a superb 38 points, will represent Richmond Park at the area final in the autumn.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown