Richmond Park golfers support armed forces charity
- Credit: Archant
Last week 36 members of the Richmond Park Golf Club Seniors' section took part in a Stableford competition in aid of SSAFA.
Richmond Park has a long association with the armed forces, and has supported this charity for over 10 years.
As in previous years the field was divided into two groups. The 'boys', for those members who are under 70 years old and the 'grown-ups', for those over 70. This year there were 18 competitors in each group.
The entry fees and other donations raised £200 on the day for the SSAFA, which supports members of the armed forces past and present and their families.
Ian Pilcher from the charity expressed the charity's gratitude and presented gifts to runners-up Bernie Murphy and David Wakeford.
You may also want to watch:
The winners, Terry Lees for the under-70s with an excellent 39 points and John Vincent for the older group with a superb 38 points, will represent Richmond Park at the area final in the autumn.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals