Richmond Park golfers support armed forces charity
- Credit: Archant
Last week 36 members of the Richmond Park Golf Club Seniors' section took part in a Stableford competition in aid of SSAFA.
Richmond Park has a long association with the armed forces, and has supported this charity for over 10 years.
As in previous years the field was divided into two groups. The 'boys', for those members who are under 70 years old and the 'grown-ups', for those over 70. This year there were 18 competitors in each group.
The entry fees and other donations raised £200 on the day for the SSAFA, which supports members of the armed forces past and present and their families.
Ian Pilcher from the charity expressed the charity's gratitude and presented gifts to runners-up Bernie Murphy and David Wakeford.
You may also want to watch:
The winners, Terry Lees for the under-70s with an excellent 39 points and John Vincent for the older group with a superb 38 points, will represent Richmond Park at the area final in the autumn.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 7 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 8 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 9 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk