Richmond Park golfers support armed forces charity
- Credit: Archant
Last week 36 members of the Richmond Park Golf Club Seniors' section took part in a Stableford competition in aid of SSAFA.
Richmond Park has a long association with the armed forces, and has supported this charity for over 10 years.
As in previous years the field was divided into two groups. The 'boys', for those members who are under 70 years old and the 'grown-ups', for those over 70. This year there were 18 competitors in each group.
The entry fees and other donations raised £200 on the day for the SSAFA, which supports members of the armed forces past and present and their families.
Ian Pilcher from the charity expressed the charity's gratitude and presented gifts to runners-up Bernie Murphy and David Wakeford.
You may also want to watch:
The winners, Terry Lees for the under-70s with an excellent 39 points and John Vincent for the older group with a superb 38 points, will represent Richmond Park at the area final in the autumn.
- 1 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 8 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 9 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 10 Jaeger axes 233 staff closing 63 stores and concessions