Reserves fly the flag for Pedlars as Vincent bags five in easy victory

Robson Pack with the challenge, Tommy Hunt watching on ready to assist

Robson Pack with the challenge, Tommy Hunt watching on ready to assist - Credit: Archant

Swaffham Town's first team game at Ely City was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch but the Pedlars will be hoping to get a much needed victory this weekend when they travel to Godmanchester Rovers.

Korben Willis firing home

Korben Willis firing home - Credit: Archant

The Reserves flew the Pedlars flag for the afternoon and gained three well earned points in an entertaining fixture against South Walsham.

Kurtis Callaby, Jack Prentice and Joe Porter all out through injury, provided a place for Alex Vincent to have a run out and stretch following his hamstring troubles.

The Reserves played tight and fast football to the enjoyment of the spectators. The smooth flowing play made opportunities for Vincent easy and he bagged an impressive five including two with his head in the 6-1 victory. Korben Willis got the other goal for the Pedlars.

The Reserves remain at Shoemakers Lane next Saturday, Redgate Rangers the visitors.

Lee Cameron on his debut

Lee Cameron on his debut - Credit: Archant

The Under 18s bowed out of the Thurlow Nunn Youth Cup midweek.

Aylsham were far more up for it from the start as Swaffham were slow to get into the game.

Most Read

The visitors took the lead, Swaffham equalised but conceded another before half-time.

Two goals in quick succession left the young Pedlars with a huge task to come back from and too little time to do it; 4-3 was the final score.

Jack Prentice and Matthew Blackford (two) were on the score sheet for Swaffham.

No game for them this week, their fixture postponed to accommodate rearranged fixtures in the Youth Cup.

The Veterans were unlucky last Sunday, goals by Tony Chapman and Sean Dick not enough to give a victory over Wensum Albion Old Boys who came back to win the game 3-2.

Whilst the Swaffham first team were out of action due to the weather, Great Yarmouth Town were beaten 1-0 by title hopefuls Felixstowe & Walton.

Gorleston kept up their championship challenge last Friday with a 3-1 win over Kirkley & Pakefield whilst Mildenhall got back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Walsham-le-Willows.

Hall's joy at victory was dampened by the news that Rob Ruddy suffered a serious injury during the game.