Reeve family of Saracen success
THE South Eastern Region UKMAF (United Kingdom Martial Arts Federation) Black Belt grading was hosted by Saracen Martial Arts.The following senior students and instructors were successful from Saracen Martial Arts clubs (pictured) 1st Dan: Matthew Reeve, Chloe Reeve, Billy Carlton, Tom Bate (Watton Club); Jack Latoy (Norwich Club).
THE South Eastern Region UKMAF (United Kingdom Martial Arts Federation) Black Belt grading was hosted by Saracen Martial Arts.
The following senior students and instructors were successful from Saracen Martial Arts clubs (pictured)
1st Dan: Matthew Reeve, Chloe Reeve, Billy Carlton, Tom Bate (Watton Club); Jack Latoy (Norwich Club). 2nd Dan: Mark Reeve, Pete Bate, Christopher Reeve (Watton) Helen Woods (Norwich. 3rd Dan: Brian Hunter (Watton) 4th Dan: Lynne Robb (Hockham Club), David Land (Norwich). 5th Dan: Christopher Hemstock (Norwich). 6th Dan: Ian Soame (Watton).
The grading was held in Barnham Broom Country Club under the watchful eye of Roy Stanhope and is the culmination of four to five years' training for 1st Dan Black Belt.
All of the candidates have to undergo intensive training sessions, on top of their normal training, for eight weeks prior to the grading.
'Saracen's preparation for our black belts candidates is well known, indeed last year was the focus of a National Martial Arts magazine,' commented Soame, Saracen's chief instructor. 'Grandmaster Stanhope was once again impressed with the quality of martial arts displayed, with certain individuals achieving record scores.'
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The Ghost Train of King's Lynn
- 3 Two new play areas costing £72,000 open in town park
- 4 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 5 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 8 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 9 Pupils design greeting card to welcome residents to new Swaffham estate
- 10 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
This year's successes at black belt level takes Saracen Martial Arts tally of black belt passes to 116, since the club was established in 1985.
It also featured a number of family successes - Pete Bate and his son Tom and Mark Reeve and his sons and daughter Christopher, Matthew and Chloe (pictured).
The grading was also the first to have all grades represented from 1st Dan to 6th Dan, with 5th and 6th Dan being 'Master' grades.
'This grading had some big numbers and big grades taking part which grab the headlines. However each individual has achieved something very special, whatever the grade' commented Soame.
For details on Saracen contact Ian Soame, 6th Dan Black Belt, on Watton 01953 882034. New members are always welcome.