Promotion joy for Saham
Saham Toney beat Garboldisham in their final Alliance game by eight wickets to complete a memorable season, winning Division Two.Not only did the club beat the highest Alliance League record for runs in an innings twice, but G Maxwell set the highest individual score of 217.
Saham Toney beat Garboldisham in their final Alliance game by eight wickets to complete a memorable season, winning Division Two.
Not only did the club beat the highest Alliance League record for runs in an innings twice, but G Maxwell set the highest individual score of 217.
The hosts decided to bat first against Garboldisham but were bowled out for 114 in the 25th over. W Smart did the early damage by claiming 4-42 from his seven overs, before W Dyer bowled another excellent spell with figures of 2-22. S Mower then wrapped up the innings by claiming 3-14 off 6.5 overs.
A Whistler (34) and C Wright (29 not out) were the only home batsmen to show any resistance.
You may also want to watch:
Saham reached their victory target in the 20th over with all four batsmen making a contribution. G Maxwell scored 24 whilst tail-enders W Smart (25) and W Dyer (26 not out) were given a chance to show what they could do.
A Wood finished his fine season by scoring 33 not out.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 4 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 5 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
Saham Toney A beat Bradfield. After winning the toss, Bradfield elected to bat first. Tight bowling by the Saham opening bowlers Steve and Xavie Huckle made it hard work to score runs. Xavie made the breakthrough in his fifth over.
Then Dan Maxwell came on to bowl and in nine overs had the magnificent figures of 6-15, which helped reduce Bradfield to 110 all out.
Saham made light work of reaching the total for three wickets with Dan Maxwell shining with the bat, scoring 46. He was well supported by Saham A batsman of the year Martin Wood, who scored 29.
The club thank all their sponsors and helpers in what has been a very successful season.