Pitch battle ahead
SPORT enthusiasts in Watton and Swaffham are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.
SPORT enthusiasts in Watton and Swaffham are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk, offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4,000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3,000 and a cheque for �1,000. The two runners-up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1,000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Small, business development manager for Briggs & Stratton, said: 'We have launched this competition because we wanted to give something back to the local community. Everyone knows how much sport plays an important part in young people's lives - it combines healthy competition, fun and fitness.
'We also want to highlight just how important football pitches are within the local community - a great one is not all about the hard work that goes into maintaining it but also about football teams enjoying the green space,' he added.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
The competition will run until Friday, March 27.