Pat on back for Watton ladies
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught. Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught.
Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
However, with only a small pool of players available, captain Sheila and her ladies deserve credit for managing to fulfil all their fixtures.
The ladies' club singles final was played ahead of schedule, with Barbara Bashford overcoming Dorothy Learmonth 21-14. Barbara has now won the title on five occasions, equalling Dorothy's record.
You may also want to watch:
The first leg of the Ashby Shield was played at Bradenham. The match was between four mixed triples and the home team won by 23 shots. The return match at Watton is on Wednesday, September 16.
The Anniversary Triples took place on Sunday. A draw decided the eight triples partners and each team played three games of six ends.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
The group winners from the two leagues then contested the final. Pam Crockett, Brian Cubby and Eddie Bebee won two of their three games and went through to the final with the best shot difference. Despite winning their three group games, Thelma Oliver, Alan Hubble and John Hunter could not maintain their form and had to settle for runners-up spot.
Forthcoming events include the club fours on Saturday at 1.30 pm, followed by the Norfolk VPs against Watton BC on Monday at 2pm, and then Travel Club Guernsey on Tuesday at 2pm, played over seven rinks.