Pat on back for Watton ladies
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught. Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught.
Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
However, with only a small pool of players available, captain Sheila and her ladies deserve credit for managing to fulfil all their fixtures.
The ladies' club singles final was played ahead of schedule, with Barbara Bashford overcoming Dorothy Learmonth 21-14. Barbara has now won the title on five occasions, equalling Dorothy's record.
The first leg of the Ashby Shield was played at Bradenham. The match was between four mixed triples and the home team won by 23 shots. The return match at Watton is on Wednesday, September 16.
The Anniversary Triples took place on Sunday. A draw decided the eight triples partners and each team played three games of six ends.
- 1 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 2 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 Hockey club plans fundraising tournament to save its pitch
- 5 Converted water tower home to appear on Grand Designs
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Road closed after overhead powerlines go down
- 8 RAF Marham fighter pilot crashes £100m F-35 in Mediterranean Sea
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding
The group winners from the two leagues then contested the final. Pam Crockett, Brian Cubby and Eddie Bebee won two of their three games and went through to the final with the best shot difference. Despite winning their three group games, Thelma Oliver, Alan Hubble and John Hunter could not maintain their form and had to settle for runners-up spot.
Forthcoming events include the club fours on Saturday at 1.30 pm, followed by the Norfolk VPs against Watton BC on Monday at 2pm, and then Travel Club Guernsey on Tuesday at 2pm, played over seven rinks.