Pat on back for Watton ladies
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught. Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught.
Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
However, with only a small pool of players available, captain Sheila and her ladies deserve credit for managing to fulfil all their fixtures.
The ladies' club singles final was played ahead of schedule, with Barbara Bashford overcoming Dorothy Learmonth 21-14. Barbara has now won the title on five occasions, equalling Dorothy's record.
You may also want to watch:
The first leg of the Ashby Shield was played at Bradenham. The match was between four mixed triples and the home team won by 23 shots. The return match at Watton is on Wednesday, September 16.
The Anniversary Triples took place on Sunday. A draw decided the eight triples partners and each team played three games of six ends.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The group winners from the two leagues then contested the final. Pam Crockett, Brian Cubby and Eddie Bebee won two of their three games and went through to the final with the best shot difference. Despite winning their three group games, Thelma Oliver, Alan Hubble and John Hunter could not maintain their form and had to settle for runners-up spot.
Forthcoming events include the club fours on Saturday at 1.30 pm, followed by the Norfolk VPs against Watton BC on Monday at 2pm, and then Travel Club Guernsey on Tuesday at 2pm, played over seven rinks.