Pat on back for Watton ladies
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught. Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club's final match in the ladies league was at home against Connaught.
Unfortunately the ladies could not break their losing sequence, going down 2-6.
However, with only a small pool of players available, captain Sheila and her ladies deserve credit for managing to fulfil all their fixtures.
The ladies' club singles final was played ahead of schedule, with Barbara Bashford overcoming Dorothy Learmonth 21-14. Barbara has now won the title on five occasions, equalling Dorothy's record.
You may also want to watch:
The first leg of the Ashby Shield was played at Bradenham. The match was between four mixed triples and the home team won by 23 shots. The return match at Watton is on Wednesday, September 16.
The Anniversary Triples took place on Sunday. A draw decided the eight triples partners and each team played three games of six ends.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 6 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
The group winners from the two leagues then contested the final. Pam Crockett, Brian Cubby and Eddie Bebee won two of their three games and went through to the final with the best shot difference. Despite winning their three group games, Thelma Oliver, Alan Hubble and John Hunter could not maintain their form and had to settle for runners-up spot.
Forthcoming events include the club fours on Saturday at 1.30 pm, followed by the Norfolk VPs against Watton BC on Monday at 2pm, and then Travel Club Guernsey on Tuesday at 2pm, played over seven rinks.