Open day success at Swaffham
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.
Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
The ladies enjoyed the day and the new format for 2010 - a stableford waltz.
Points were awarded on a one, two, three-hole pattern, repeated for the full waltz to be completed on the 18th hole.
You may also want to watch:
After the competition, all enjoyed a carvery lunch, followed by Ann Ewer presenting the prizes.
Winners were 1 Jane Watson, Sally Beckett, Jackie Over, Jo Bereford (Bury St Edmunds) 82 points ocb; 2 Val Penrose, Pat Eke, Sylvie Sutton, Jane Hawksley (Sheringham) 82; 3 Beryl Riches, Val Tallowin, Liz Bartman, Pat Harrison (Royal Cromer) 81; 4 Mary Davies, Sarah Steventon, Sally Ling, Julia Smith (Royal Cromer) 79 ocb; 5 Tina Barker, Jean Bowyer, Jean Curtis, Pat Attwood (Girton) 79.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Nearest the line (ninth hole): Jackie Walsh (Gorleston).
Nearest the Pin (16th hole): Thelma Evans (Gorleston).