Open day success at Swaffham
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.
Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
The ladies enjoyed the day and the new format for 2010 - a stableford waltz.
Points were awarded on a one, two, three-hole pattern, repeated for the full waltz to be completed on the 18th hole.
You may also want to watch:
After the competition, all enjoyed a carvery lunch, followed by Ann Ewer presenting the prizes.
Winners were 1 Jane Watson, Sally Beckett, Jackie Over, Jo Bereford (Bury St Edmunds) 82 points ocb; 2 Val Penrose, Pat Eke, Sylvie Sutton, Jane Hawksley (Sheringham) 82; 3 Beryl Riches, Val Tallowin, Liz Bartman, Pat Harrison (Royal Cromer) 81; 4 Mary Davies, Sarah Steventon, Sally Ling, Julia Smith (Royal Cromer) 79 ocb; 5 Tina Barker, Jean Bowyer, Jean Curtis, Pat Attwood (Girton) 79.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 8 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 9 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Nearest the line (ninth hole): Jackie Walsh (Gorleston).
Nearest the Pin (16th hole): Thelma Evans (Gorleston).