Open day success at Swaffham
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
SWAFFHAM Golf Club ladies' section hosted a successful open competition earlier this month.
Ladies from 22 clubs were represented, with visitors also from out of county clubs.
The ladies enjoyed the day and the new format for 2010 - a stableford waltz.
Points were awarded on a one, two, three-hole pattern, repeated for the full waltz to be completed on the 18th hole.
You may also want to watch:
After the competition, all enjoyed a carvery lunch, followed by Ann Ewer presenting the prizes.
Winners were 1 Jane Watson, Sally Beckett, Jackie Over, Jo Bereford (Bury St Edmunds) 82 points ocb; 2 Val Penrose, Pat Eke, Sylvie Sutton, Jane Hawksley (Sheringham) 82; 3 Beryl Riches, Val Tallowin, Liz Bartman, Pat Harrison (Royal Cromer) 81; 4 Mary Davies, Sarah Steventon, Sally Ling, Julia Smith (Royal Cromer) 79 ocb; 5 Tina Barker, Jean Bowyer, Jean Curtis, Pat Attwood (Girton) 79.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
Nearest the line (ninth hole): Jackie Walsh (Gorleston).
Nearest the Pin (16th hole): Thelma Evans (Gorleston).