On-court battle for Watton
Watton Squash Club's second team travelled away to Division Two opponents Diss this week. Kevin Blake was comfortable, winning the first two 9-6, 9-6, before lack of concentration cost him the next 9-5.
Watton Squash Club's second team travelled away to Division Two opponents Diss this week.
Kevin Blake was comfortable, winning the first two 9-6, 9-6, before lack of concentration cost him the next 9-5. Kev then stepped up, taking the fourth 9-2 to come through 3-1.
Dev Mahatme started slowly but managed to nick the first 10-8. His opponent then faded badly with Dev taking the next two 9-0, 9-2 to win in straight games.
Standing in for the injured Chris Haythorpe, John Needham gave a great account on his Watton debut.
You may also want to watch:
He lost the first 9-2, but levelled taking the second 9-7. He went behind losing the next 9-4 before rallying again to take the next 9-5 and force a decider. Unfortunately, John had nothing left, losing it 9-0 to go down 3-2.
Bobby Hunt, as usual, ran his socks off against a class opponent, losing the first 9-5 and a tight second 10-8. He took the next 9-4 with the fourth going to the wire before Bobby just edged out 10-9, to go down 3-1.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
First-string Paul Goodchild went on with the match riding on his performance. He started strongly, taking the first 9-4. He led in the next but lost it 9-5 and the third 9-5. Paul made a great effort in the fourth but went down 9-7 to lose 3-1.
Although they won more individual games the overall result was a 15-10 Watton defeat.
Next up, Beccles away.