On-court battle for Watton
Watton Squash Club's second team travelled away to Division Two opponents Diss this week. Kevin Blake was comfortable, winning the first two 9-6, 9-6, before lack of concentration cost him the next 9-5.
Watton Squash Club's second team travelled away to Division Two opponents Diss this week.
Kevin Blake was comfortable, winning the first two 9-6, 9-6, before lack of concentration cost him the next 9-5. Kev then stepped up, taking the fourth 9-2 to come through 3-1.
Dev Mahatme started slowly but managed to nick the first 10-8. His opponent then faded badly with Dev taking the next two 9-0, 9-2 to win in straight games.
Standing in for the injured Chris Haythorpe, John Needham gave a great account on his Watton debut.
You may also want to watch:
He lost the first 9-2, but levelled taking the second 9-7. He went behind losing the next 9-4 before rallying again to take the next 9-5 and force a decider. Unfortunately, John had nothing left, losing it 9-0 to go down 3-2.
Bobby Hunt, as usual, ran his socks off against a class opponent, losing the first 9-5 and a tight second 10-8. He took the next 9-4 with the fourth going to the wire before Bobby just edged out 10-9, to go down 3-1.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
First-string Paul Goodchild went on with the match riding on his performance. He started strongly, taking the first 9-4. He led in the next but lost it 9-5 and the third 9-5. Paul made a great effort in the fourth but went down 9-7 to lose 3-1.
Although they won more individual games the overall result was a 15-10 Watton defeat.
Next up, Beccles away.