Normans help conquest
Watton, after thrashing Frettenham, are hoping to maintain their good form this week when they host Aldborough A at home.Watton consolidated their third place position in Norfolk League's Division Eight, beating Frettenham by 137 runs in a match reduced to a 35-overs contest.
Watton, after thrashing Frettenham, are hoping to maintain their good form this week when they host Aldborough A at home.
Watton consolidated their third place position in Norfolk League's Division Eight, beating Frettenham by 137 runs in a match reduced to a 35-overs contest.
Frettenham won the toss and elected to field first in damp conditions with rain threatening to arrive at any time.
Opener Paul Norman (17) got Watton off to a blistering start hitting sixes off the second and third balls of the innings.
You may also want to watch:
Matty Webster (63) and Joe Oakey (41) then shared a 93-run partnership for the second wicket, the pair built a solid
base for the middle-order batsman to score quick runs in the closing overs.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
The bowlers pegged back the innings, taking a couple of wickets until Joe Norman (36no) blasted the ball to all over, pushing the total up to a competitive 177 runs.
After tea, Watton's opening bowlers immediately began making inroads into Frettenham's batting line-up.
Father-and-son duo Paul Norman (4-12) and Joe Norman (4-6) bowled accurately at pace to reduce Frettenham to 20 for eight. Shaun Sayer (1-6) came on as the first-change bowler to take the final wicket and complete a comprehensive win.