Norfolk Senior Cup: Swaffham Town 2 Hempnall 1
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham finally discovered their form in a cup competition as they beat Hempnall 2-1 in a physical Norfolk Senior Cup clash.
It took two Jack Redhead penalties to see off Hempnall, who finished the game with nine men after the dismissals of Roy and Zac Bevis.
The visitors took the lead in the 21st minute, following intense pressure by Swaffham, who should have taken the early initiative. It took until the 74th minute for the balance to be restored – Mark Allibone was brought down in the box and Redhead was clinical from the spot.
The winner came on the stroke of full-time after a hand ball led to a second penalty. Before it could be taken, Roy Bevis was sent off after an incident involving Allibone, and seconds later Zac Bevis followed, after another incident, involving Swaffham's George Hutton.
Redhead converted the penalty to win the game.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves were unlucky away to Fakenham Town Reserves, Billy Russell getting a consolation goal in their 3-1 defeat. On Saturday they return to the County Junior Cup, Long Stratton Reserves the visitors, kick-off 3pm.
The Under 18s were successful in their Youth League Cup against North Walsham Youth, Josh Thurston, Ahmed Rhaouti and Dylan Edge finding the net for the Pedlars. The Veterans are out of the County Veterans Cup, losing 3-0 to Norwich Dog House. On Sunday they are at Harts.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village