Net profit for Megan
TENNISace Megan Wright, from Carbrooke, competed in the 14/u county winter tournament - and won with the aid of a lucky net cord.Megan, seeded at number one, had a tough first game but played very well throughout her matches on the way to the final.
TENNISace Megan Wright, from Carbrooke, competed in the 14/u county winter tournament - and won with the aid of a lucky net cord.
Megan, seeded at number one, had a tough first game but played very well throughout her matches on the way to the final.
In the final Megan met Maria Andrews. After some very long rallies and range of shots it was Megan who won the first set, 4-0.
In the second Maria really upped her game and with her great athleticism and clever play she won the second set 4-0. To decide the winner the match therefore had to go to a tie-break.
You may also want to watch:
Maria started off the better, playing fantastically to take an early lead. Maria was 5-0 up when Megan started to really go for her shots and win back some points.
At this stage in the match both girls were very tired and Megan was forcing mistakes from her younger opponent.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
At the second change of ends the game was even at six points each. Maria served a fantastic ace to lead 7-6, followed up with an ace from Megan to level things at seven points each.
With the game even Maria served a double fault and Megan was ahead for the first time in tiebreak, Megan continue to attack with the serve and volley, to lead nine points to seven.
Maria never gave up and put in a great serve for Megan to just get a racket on it, forcing the ball to hit the net and roll over the other side, very lucky!
It was enough for Megan to win the tiebreak and close out the match. Final score 4-0, 0-4, 10-7 to Megan.