Narborough A still lead way
Narborough A are still top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League after the first games of the new year.The league leaders went down 2-1 away to West Acre B, for who Danny O'Brien again played well.
Narborough A are still top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League after the first games of the new year.
The league leaders went down 2-1 away to West Acre B, for who Danny O'Brien again played well. Scott Jarvis gained Narborough's win, with Ross Durrant winning Acre B's other game.
This result leaves Acre B second on aggregate, with West Acre A in third spot after losing 2-1 away at Gaywood Cons.
A win here would have put Acre A top, however both Bruce Welham and Mel Barnett lost, with Alex Ward gaining their only win defeating Dan Westwood and thus halting his long unbeaten run, which at one stage looked like beating Beau Elliott's record league winning streak of eight wins on the trot.
You may also want to watch:
Chris and Daniel Drew both won for Gaywood to claim the win and put them into fourth spot, only two points from the top.
Over at Narborough Social Club West Acre C got a great 3-0 away win. Liam Hollands was the star here scoring a great total of 60 in his win over Ryan Williams who himself beat his best score when recording a score of 89 points.
- 1 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 2 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 3 Perfect tonic? Cottage which was Victorian apothecary for sale
- 4 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 5 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 6 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 7 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced
- 8 Once-extinct rare frog returns to its Norfolk home
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
It is surely only a matter of time before Ryan joins the '100 point club'.
Danny O'Brien, guesting for Acre A, again played very well, recording a new PB score of 123 in his game against Jack Crisp. Player of the month (January) nominees: Liam Hollands.
Meanwhile, in the Norfolk Billiards Super League, the West Norfolk League travelled to Broadland Snooker Centre, Hellesdon, in their latest game and went down 3-2 in a very close game.
Both Dan Westwood and Christopher Drew lost to more experienced opposition but wins for John Hayhoe over Aubrey Ampleford, 267 (54 break)-263, and for Phillip Welham over Ian Dennis 395 (114 bk)-286 (55 bk), saw West Norfolk pull back two points.
Next Fixtures: Norwich A v West Norfolk, Saturday 7pm at Woodside Snooker Centre, Norwich.