Narborough A still lead way
Narborough A are still top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League after the first games of the new year.The league leaders went down 2-1 away to West Acre B, for who Danny O'Brien again played well.
Narborough A are still top of the Narbeck Boys' Billiards League after the first games of the new year.
The league leaders went down 2-1 away to West Acre B, for who Danny O'Brien again played well. Scott Jarvis gained Narborough's win, with Ross Durrant winning Acre B's other game.
This result leaves Acre B second on aggregate, with West Acre A in third spot after losing 2-1 away at Gaywood Cons.
A win here would have put Acre A top, however both Bruce Welham and Mel Barnett lost, with Alex Ward gaining their only win defeating Dan Westwood and thus halting his long unbeaten run, which at one stage looked like beating Beau Elliott's record league winning streak of eight wins on the trot.
You may also want to watch:
Chris and Daniel Drew both won for Gaywood to claim the win and put them into fourth spot, only two points from the top.
Over at Narborough Social Club West Acre C got a great 3-0 away win. Liam Hollands was the star here scoring a great total of 60 in his win over Ryan Williams who himself beat his best score when recording a score of 89 points.
- 1 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Game of Thrones and The Crown actor to star in Norfolk play
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 9 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 10 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
It is surely only a matter of time before Ryan joins the '100 point club'.
Danny O'Brien, guesting for Acre A, again played very well, recording a new PB score of 123 in his game against Jack Crisp. Player of the month (January) nominees: Liam Hollands.
Meanwhile, in the Norfolk Billiards Super League, the West Norfolk League travelled to Broadland Snooker Centre, Hellesdon, in their latest game and went down 3-2 in a very close game.
Both Dan Westwood and Christopher Drew lost to more experienced opposition but wins for John Hayhoe over Aubrey Ampleford, 267 (54 break)-263, and for Phillip Welham over Ian Dennis 395 (114 bk)-286 (55 bk), saw West Norfolk pull back two points.
Next Fixtures: Norwich A v West Norfolk, Saturday 7pm at Woodside Snooker Centre, Norwich.