Muddy test for athletes
Last weekend was another very busy one for Thetford Athletics Club. On Saturday they took part in the South of England Cross-Country Championships held at Uxbridge.
Last weekend was another very busy one for Thetford Athletics Club.
On Saturday they took part in the South of England Cross-Country Championships held at Uxbridge. It was an extremely muddy course and all of the club's runners did very well.
The results are as follows: U13 girls 3k: Rachel Munford 69th, Rosie Sherrell 166th, Victoria Dolman 188th. U15 boys 4.5k: Joseph Kirton 155th, Jason Higgins 156th, Jordan Greenwood 204th. U15 girls 4k: Megan Norry 143rd. U17 men 6k: Phil Waity 159th. U17 women 5k: Lucy Tyler 48th, Charlotte Taverner 80th. U20 men 8k: Rhys Tyler 93rd. Senior men 15k: Richard Dolman 537th, Carl Higgins 606th, Paul Taverner 628th, Dean Kirton 639th.
On Sunday, a further group of Thetford members took part in the Keith Ward indoor trophy meeting held at Kings Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
The results are as follows - U13 boys: Daniel Howe 60m sprint 6th 9.9sec. U15 girls: Elisha Bowers 60m sprint 5th 10.2sec, Long jump 7th 3.06m. U15 boys: Will Davies 60m sprint 2nd 8.1sec, Thomas Kirton Shot putt 2nd 5.13m, 60m sprint 6th 9.6sec. U17 men: Jack Firman 60m sprint 4th 7.9sec, Triple jump 3rd 9.62m. U17 ladies: Georgina Howe Shot putt 2nd 7.34m. U20 men: Josh Bucciferro 60m sprint 6th 8.2sec, Shot putt 2nd 8.02m.
Congratulations to all who took part. For further information on the Thetford Athletic Club, please see the website www.thetford-ac.co.uk
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney