Mixed luck for Watton
Both Watton teams started their summer campaigns with mixed fortunes. The second team travelled to Division Two opponents Broadland with Paul Goodchild cruising to a 9-1, 9-2, 9-2 win.
Both Watton squash teams started their summer campaigns with mixed fortunes.
The second team travelled to Division Two opponents Broadland with Paul Goodchild cruising to a 9-1, 9-2, 9-2 win. Chris Haythorpe followed suit with a 9-1, 9-3, 9-5 demolition job.
Jonathan Pearson, at first string, was out of sorts, going down 3-9, 0-9, 4-9. Kevin Blake won two tight games, both 10-8, before his opponent took the third 9-2.
Kevin then stepped up a gear taking the next 9-5 to win 3-1, resulting in an overall 13-4 Watton victory.
You may also want to watch:
Despite being at home to Division One opponents Barnham Broom II, both Vince Somers (1-9, 3-9, 4-9) and Ian Thompson (2-9, 6-9, 6-9) were well beaten in straight games.
Steve Rudd produced the goods, taking the first two 9-7, 9-6, conceded the third 7-9, but took the fourth 9-3, to come through 3-1.Alan Soames played out of his skin, taking the first two 9-6, 9-5 against top Norfolk player Matthew Bolt.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 4 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
He lost the next 9-5 and had match point in the fourth but lost out 8-10. The decider went 9-6 to Matthew, with Alan losing out 3-2 in the tie of the night. Overall a 14-5 defeat for Watton.