Mixed luck for Watton
Both Watton teams started their summer campaigns with mixed fortunes. The second team travelled to Division Two opponents Broadland with Paul Goodchild cruising to a 9-1, 9-2, 9-2 win.
Both Watton squash teams started their summer campaigns with mixed fortunes.
The second team travelled to Division Two opponents Broadland with Paul Goodchild cruising to a 9-1, 9-2, 9-2 win. Chris Haythorpe followed suit with a 9-1, 9-3, 9-5 demolition job.
Jonathan Pearson, at first string, was out of sorts, going down 3-9, 0-9, 4-9. Kevin Blake won two tight games, both 10-8, before his opponent took the third 9-2.
Kevin then stepped up a gear taking the next 9-5 to win 3-1, resulting in an overall 13-4 Watton victory.
You may also want to watch:
Despite being at home to Division One opponents Barnham Broom II, both Vince Somers (1-9, 3-9, 4-9) and Ian Thompson (2-9, 6-9, 6-9) were well beaten in straight games.
Steve Rudd produced the goods, taking the first two 9-7, 9-6, conceded the third 7-9, but took the fourth 9-3, to come through 3-1.Alan Soames played out of his skin, taking the first two 9-6, 9-5 against top Norfolk player Matthew Bolt.
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Nearly 4pc council tax rise for Norfolk as County Hall budget unveiled
He lost the next 9-5 and had match point in the fourth but lost out 8-10. The decider went 9-6 to Matthew, with Alan losing out 3-2 in the tie of the night. Overall a 14-5 defeat for Watton.