Milestones for Swaffham FC
This year marks two milestones in the history of Swaffham Town Football Club.Firstly, 2009 marks the 50th year at Shoemakers Lane - a period which has seen many seasons and changes with facilities, personnel, both playing and support staff.
This year marks two milestones in the history of Swaffham Town Football Club.
Firstly, 2009 marks the 50th year at Shoemakers Lane - a period which has seen many seasons and changes with facilities, personnel, both playing and support staff.
Secondly, it is the 25th anniversary of the annual Yorkshire Boys' visit to Swaffham for a friendly fixture and an opportunity to experience the town's atmosphere and social circuit.
The Pedlars hope to welcome them again this year, their visit anticipated around FA Cup Final day.
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary Ray Ewart said: 'We hope to make both events at the club special and will look to promote them closer to the time.
'Please relay this to anybody that has had any ties with the football club so that we can make these events a time to reminisce and remember.'
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
If anyone is interested they should contact Ray or Tich Ewart on 01760 724581.
The Pedlars' Tuesday home first team fixture against Gorleston was postponed due to the Greens' Norfolk Senior Cup commitments.
Saturday see the first team hosting Diss Town (3pm kick-off), the reserves are away to Beccles Town Reserves (2pm kick-off).
Meanwhile, the A-team are at home to Saham Toney Reserves in the Chequered Flag Primary League Cup semi final (2pm kick-off).
Ewart said: 'Weather and conditions permitting we hope to wish everybody a warm welcome to Shoemakers Lane to support the town's football team.'
Earlier in the season Swaffham needed some assistance to maintain their floodlights (see picture, above).
Ewart said: 'Our thanks to Keith Sirrell for his technical expertise, Gerry Palmer for his plant machine knowledge and Narford Scaffolding for the kind loan of the equipment.
'Without the support from our friends, committee and sponsors, we would not be able to compete at the level that ground standards require us to meet.'