Mildenhall 2 Swaffham 1 – Brave Pedlars fall deeper into trouble
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Two spirited performances against high-flying sides have raised hopes of Swaffham Town bringing an end to their slump in form in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The Pedlars put up a determined effort and were unfortunate not to get anything from second-placed Stanway Rovers at Shoemakers Lane on Saturday.
It was always going to be a tough battle against the title chasers but was made more difficult with the blustery wind. A tireless performance from lone striker Joe Jackson throughout the game and an impressive back four kept the game alive but the breakthrough never came for the hosts.
Mildenhall then inflicted a seventh straight defeat on the Pedlars on Bank Holiday Monday.
Jackson halved the deficit but Swaffham couldn't find an equaliser and Mildenhall claimed the points, leaving the visitors just a point above the relegation zone.
There is no game for Town on Saturday but next Wednesday night the Pedlars are away to another of the promotion hopefuls, Godmanchester Rovers.
Swaffham Reserves were unlucky to lose 3-1 at title chasing Watton United in Division Three of the Almary Green Anglian Combination on Saturday, George Hutton bagging the consolation goal. The reserves are scheduled to return to action tonight against bottom-of-the-table Downham Town Reserves before travelling to mid-table Buxton on Saturday.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 8 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
Swaffham Under-18s are away to North Walsham Youth on Thursday evening in the league.