Maxwell hammers opposition
Saham Toney beat Horsford A by 90 runs with G Maxwell starring with seven wickets.They visit Dersingham this Saturday as they continue their promotion quest in Alliance Division Two.
Saham Toney beat Horsford A by 90 runs with G Maxwell starring with seven wickets.
They visit Dersingham this Saturday as they continue their promotion quest in Alliance Division Two.
Batting first at Horsford, Saham were all out for 166 on a pitch which was difficult to score runs and some good bowling from the home side.
A Wood continued his season's fine form as he scored 53 and D Fahy was the other main contributor as he made an excellent 54.
You may also want to watch:
Partnerships were hard to come by as Saham lost regular wickets before being all out with two overs left of their innings.
Wickets from the home bowlers were shared around with A Seekings claiming 3-41, C Erdwin 2-44, A Lincoln 2-30 and M Owers 2-28.
- 1 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 2 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 3 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 4 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 7 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
In response, Saham knew early wickets were crucial and the Smart brothers duly delivered by claiming a wicket a piece.
The rest of the innings then belonged to Maxwell who ripped through the rest of the Horsford batting line up and claimed figures of 10.4-5-27-7.
W Dyer rolled back the years and claimed the other wicket in an excellent spell of 5-2-6-1.
The club were saddened to learn of the death of club vice- president Arthur Fisher who will be missed by all connected with the club. This victory is dedicated to Arthur's memory.