Maxwell hammers a ton
Saham Toney entertained Garboldisham and won by 100 runs to go top of the Norfolk Alliance Division Two table at the halfway stage of the season.This week sees Saham entertain Swardeston B at Pages Lane.
Saham Toney entertained Garboldisham and won by 100 runs to go top of the Norfolk Alliance Division Two table at the halfway stage of the season.
This week sees Saham entertain Swardeston B at Pages Lane.
Batting first, Saham posted a commanding 266-7 off 45 overs.
The innings was built around a tremendous second-wicket partnership of 191 between M Thomas and G Maxwell.
You may also want to watch:
The latter hit a superb 124, including 17 fours and four sixes, whilst Thomas was cruelly caught out for 99, which included 15 fours.
A flurry of wickets fell in the final few overs as Saham looked for quick runs. J Shephard was the pick of Garboldisham's bowlers, claiming 3-46 off his 12 overs.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
G Maxwell continued his good day as Garboldisham were bowled out for 166. He finished his bowling spell with figures of 12-5-25-3 and then claimed a stunning run-out.
I Lovick had a good spell with figures of 7-4-7-2, which included a great catch from Mower to end I Melvin's resistance of 46.