Maxwell hammers a ton
Saham Toney entertained Garboldisham and won by 100 runs to go top of the Norfolk Alliance Division Two table at the halfway stage of the season.This week sees Saham entertain Swardeston B at Pages Lane.
Saham Toney entertained Garboldisham and won by 100 runs to go top of the Norfolk Alliance Division Two table at the halfway stage of the season.
This week sees Saham entertain Swardeston B at Pages Lane.
Batting first, Saham posted a commanding 266-7 off 45 overs.
The innings was built around a tremendous second-wicket partnership of 191 between M Thomas and G Maxwell.
You may also want to watch:
The latter hit a superb 124, including 17 fours and four sixes, whilst Thomas was cruelly caught out for 99, which included 15 fours.
A flurry of wickets fell in the final few overs as Saham looked for quick runs. J Shephard was the pick of Garboldisham's bowlers, claiming 3-46 off his 12 overs.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
G Maxwell continued his good day as Garboldisham were bowled out for 166. He finished his bowling spell with figures of 12-5-25-3 and then claimed a stunning run-out.
I Lovick had a good spell with figures of 7-4-7-2, which included a great catch from Mower to end I Melvin's resistance of 46.