Magnificent seven for Pedlars
After a breather at the weekend, Swaffham Town's first team is back in action on Saturday.They visit Halstead in Ridgeons Division One (ko 3pm) while the reserves travel to Hoveton Wherrymen (2.
After a breather at the weekend, Swaffham Town's first team is back in action on Saturday.
They visit Halstead in Ridgeons Division One (ko 3pm) while the reserves travel to Hoveton Wherrymen (2.30) and the A-team is without a fixture.
Those hardy supporters who braved the cold on Saturday saw fine performances by both Reserves and A-teams and were treated to a flurry of goals.
Swaffham Reserves netted seven against their Bungay counterparts.
You may also want to watch:
Goals came from Luke Askew, David Jackson, Matthew Coe, Keith Polski and a hat-trick from Stephen Aspery - which included a spectacular strike from a free-kick, 30 yards out into the top-right corner of the net.
It was a magnificent seven too from the A-team in a 7-2 defeat of Dickleburgh. Alex Buckingham netted one and there were hat-tricks by Mark Blockwell and Charlie Gunner.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 3 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 6 Popular support services for the elderly in jeopardy
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 What has Breckland's Market Towns Initiative achieved?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
The previous Tuesday, Swaffham first team hosted a much-changed Fakenham side in the league and won 1-0.
The goal came from a Ben Russell strike from an indirect free-kick.
Opportunities were few and far between, with both keepers playing their part when chances arose. The Swaffham back four of Russell, Rainford, Thompson and Spalding repeated the performance seen recently at Diss, demonstrating how a well-organised and like-thinking defence should operate.
Before the fixture, the team was presented with their new kit by sponsors Keith and Tony from Klimatech Ltd.
Prior to the A-team game, the side was presented with their new kit by sponsors East Garden (Chinese Restaurant).
Club secretary Ray Ewart said: 'We are very grateful to owners Jenny and Yong for their support. Jenny commented that Saturday was Chinese New Year's Eve and this would be the 'year of the tiger'.
'From the results of the weekend, we hope it has brought us luck and that the players continue playing like tigers!'