Lucky 13 for Watton
DIVISION Two leaders Watton Squash Club first team made in 13 in a row with a 17-6 home win over Oasis. Watton won 3-0 at five and four, with Vince Somers coming through 9-0, 9-0, 9-8 in straight games.
DIVISION Two leaders Watton Squash Club first team made in 13 in a row with a 17-6 home win over Oasis.
Watton won 3-0 at five and four, with Vince Somers coming through 9-0, 9-0, 9-8 in straight games. Ian Thompson shared the first two games 4-9, 9-6 before going 2-1 down losing the third 9-1.
Ian then stepped up a gear taking the fourth 9-4 and the decider 9-5 to come through 3-2.
Alan Soame was never in it losing 4-9, 2-9, 6-9 in straight games. Simon Howling shared the first two games 9-4, 4-9 before exerting his class to comfortably take the next two 9-2, 9-1 to win 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
After last week's narrow victory Watton II improved in their return match with Division Two visitors UEA.
Dev Mahatme was comfortable throughout in a 9-5, 9-3, 9-6 straight-game win.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 Rapid coronavirus testing site set for launch in Thetford
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
Chris Haythorpe, with revenge in mind, stormed off taking the first game 9-5 and had game ball 8-6 in the second. However he let it slip losing 10-8 and the third game 9-5 to go 2-1 down. Chris dug deep using all his experience to take the fourth 9-6 and the decider also 9-6 to come through 3-2. Kevin Blake had to work hard to nick the first 9-7 and a close second 10-8 before closing the third 9-5 to win in straight games.
Bobby Hunt cruised the first two 9-5, 9-1 before his determined opponent fought back, saving match ball while taking the third 9-8 and then the fourth 9-3. Bobby had too much in the decider taking it 9-1 to come through 3-1.
First string Paul Goodchild edged the first 10-8 and a comfortable second 9-5. His opponent took the third 9-7 but faded with Paul winning the next 9-2 to come through 3-1 and seal a 20-5 victory for Watton, currently fourth with only two matches left.