Leaders too tough for Neaton
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club Ladies, at home to league leaders Thetford on Monday, were beaten by 7-1. They are at home again on Thursday in a rearranged match with Swaffham.
WATTON (Loch Neaton) Bowls Club Ladies, at home to league leaders Thetford on Monday, were beaten
by 7-1. They are at home again on Thursday in a rearranged match with Swaffham.
Only one match was played in the ADL when the C team lost 6-2 away to Feltwell B. The games for the A team, home to Ashill, and B team, away to Dereham St Nicholas, were cancelled due to the wet.
The men recorded a fine away win at Hingham B Max and John's rinks both won whilst Kevin was overcome by Alf and his rink. The shots went to Watton by 59 to 55, resulting in a 4-1 victory.
You may also want to watch:
The final match of the season is at home to leaders Thetford B.
Dorothy and Ron hosted President's Day on Saturday. On a perfect bowling day 30 players turned out in their whites to contest five mixed triple games over 18 ends. The eventual winners were Pam Crockett, Phil Douglas and John Walkling.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
The visitors on Sunday were Brookers of Stevenage. This is an annual fixture, which has been going now for many years. This was a special day for young Ryan Rudling, making his debut for Watton.
Having only started bowling a few weeks ago he has made remarkable progress and is one to watch for the future. Being on a winning rink was his icing on the cake.