Late strike denies Swaffham Town Reserves win against Buxton
- Credit: Eddie Deane
Swaffham Town return to action at FC Clacton on Saturday, as they look to put some distance between themselves and the relegation zone in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The Pedlars were without a game last weekend and with Thetford winning are now just six points clear of the bottom three.
That left the reserves flying the flag, providing some quality entertainment in a six-goal thriller against Buxton at Shoemakers Lane, eventually sharing the points after the visitors scored an equaliser in the dying seconds of the game.
Buxton opened the scoring and Swaffham levelled before half-time, Luke Reed shooting from 25 yards and beating the keeper to his right-hand side.
Finlay Bloodworth opened his match account in the second half, with another fierce shot from the edge of the area. Buxton again levelled but with 10 minutes to go, Ahmed Rhaouti cleared up a loose ball in the box to put the Pedlars 3-2 ahead, only for the villagers to rescue the draw.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the reserves are again at home in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, Costessey Sports the visitors, kick-off 2pm.
Last week Swaffham Under-18s were at home to Dereham Town and produced an impressive performance in a 1-0 victory, Nick Castellan scoring from a free-kick 20 yards out, beating the keeper straight into the top-right corner. Tomorrow they travel to FDC Bowthorpe to play CSF Canaries.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole
- 8 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 9 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 10 Motorcyclist in critical condition following A134 crash