Ladies rule roost at Richmond
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it.
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.
The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it. Best lady individual player was Mary Wakeford and best male individual player was R Dolman.
In the June Medal Competition Division One was won by Margaret Middleton, with Margaret Broadbent second. Division Two was won by Karen Ralph, with Elaine Aberdeen second. Division Three was won by Liz Johnson with Hilda Whitmarsh second.
The Par Trophy was won by Barbara Coverdale and Fran Parker.
Over a weekend four different trophies were played for - Alison Sheard Trophy over 36 holes: 1 Sue Morley (183), 2 Margaret Broadbent (185). Diane Davies Cup over 36 holes off par: 1 Karen Ralph (206), 2 Elaine Aberdeen (207). Handicap Trophy over 18 holes: 1 Margaret Broadbent (72), 2 Ann Bell (73). Shirley's Shield for handicap of 35-36: 1 Eileen Chard (83), 2 Brenda Fairhead (92).
Birdies were gained throughout the two days by Lesley Matthews 3 at 14, Lesley Davis 4 at 8, Diane Pitman 4 at 7th, Margaret Lockwood 4 at 8 Margaret Broadbent 4 at 9.
- 1 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 4 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 5 OPINION: The price of happiness and contentment
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 9 Opinion: Creativity is required as prices rise
- 10 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
The Curtis Cup was won by Yvonne Shaw (41), 2 Barbara Coverdale (37).
The Wissey Cup (played between the men and the ladies) was won by the ladies and the winner of the ladies' prize was Liz Johnson (41).