Ladies rule roost at Richmond
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it.
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.
The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it. Best lady individual player was Mary Wakeford and best male individual player was R Dolman.
In the June Medal Competition Division One was won by Margaret Middleton, with Margaret Broadbent second. Division Two was won by Karen Ralph, with Elaine Aberdeen second. Division Three was won by Liz Johnson with Hilda Whitmarsh second.
The Par Trophy was won by Barbara Coverdale and Fran Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Over a weekend four different trophies were played for - Alison Sheard Trophy over 36 holes: 1 Sue Morley (183), 2 Margaret Broadbent (185). Diane Davies Cup over 36 holes off par: 1 Karen Ralph (206), 2 Elaine Aberdeen (207). Handicap Trophy over 18 holes: 1 Margaret Broadbent (72), 2 Ann Bell (73). Shirley's Shield for handicap of 35-36: 1 Eileen Chard (83), 2 Brenda Fairhead (92).
Birdies were gained throughout the two days by Lesley Matthews 3 at 14, Lesley Davis 4 at 8, Diane Pitman 4 at 7th, Margaret Lockwood 4 at 8 Margaret Broadbent 4 at 9.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 5 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
The Curtis Cup was won by Yvonne Shaw (41), 2 Barbara Coverdale (37).
The Wissey Cup (played between the men and the ladies) was won by the ladies and the winner of the ladies' prize was Liz Johnson (41).