Ladies rule roost at Richmond
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it.
It has been a busy time for Richmond Park Golf Club.
The Coverdale Trophy was played for by men and women - best aggregate score and trophy winners were Fran Parker and Ann Bell (76 points), the first time women have won it. Best lady individual player was Mary Wakeford and best male individual player was R Dolman.
In the June Medal Competition Division One was won by Margaret Middleton, with Margaret Broadbent second. Division Two was won by Karen Ralph, with Elaine Aberdeen second. Division Three was won by Liz Johnson with Hilda Whitmarsh second.
The Par Trophy was won by Barbara Coverdale and Fran Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Over a weekend four different trophies were played for - Alison Sheard Trophy over 36 holes: 1 Sue Morley (183), 2 Margaret Broadbent (185). Diane Davies Cup over 36 holes off par: 1 Karen Ralph (206), 2 Elaine Aberdeen (207). Handicap Trophy over 18 holes: 1 Margaret Broadbent (72), 2 Ann Bell (73). Shirley's Shield for handicap of 35-36: 1 Eileen Chard (83), 2 Brenda Fairhead (92).
Birdies were gained throughout the two days by Lesley Matthews 3 at 14, Lesley Davis 4 at 8, Diane Pitman 4 at 7th, Margaret Lockwood 4 at 8 Margaret Broadbent 4 at 9.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
The Curtis Cup was won by Yvonne Shaw (41), 2 Barbara Coverdale (37).
The Wissey Cup (played between the men and the ladies) was won by the ladies and the winner of the ladies' prize was Liz Johnson (41).