Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
You may also want to watch:
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.