Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 3 Man repeatedly kicked in the head by group during road rage attack
- 4 Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! UK's top town crier crowned in Norfolk
- 5 Gold Mercedes crashes through windows of Norfolk supermarket
- 6 Classic car show returns with vintage motorbikes and 'auto jumble' sale
- 7 A47 near Swaffham reopens after crash
- 8 Motorcyclist who died in crash with minivan named
- 9 Interim parish council takes office after mass resignations
- 10 Property: How do the new laws for renters affect you?
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.