Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
You may also want to watch:
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 4 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 6 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 9 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.