Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
You may also want to watch:
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.