Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
You may also want to watch:
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns
- 4 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Fly-tipping couple fined £400 for dumping mattress
- 7 Motorcyclist in critical condition following A134 crash
- 8 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole
- 9 Roads to close in Swaffham for Christmas market weekend
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.