Lacklustre display by Watton
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams. The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
A LACKLUSTRE week for both the Watton squash teams.
The first team hosted Barnham Broom I with Ian Thompson outplaying and eventually wearing down a younger opponent 3-1.
Steve Rudd was never troubled, comfortably winning 3-0. Jonathan Pearson was just edged out 10-8 in the first and despite opportunities in the next two lacked a killer instinct, losing them both 9-7, 9-7 to go down 3-0.
Simon Howling was never in it going down 3-0, also in straight games with the overall result a 11-6 defeat for Watton.
Watton II travelled to unknown Division Two newcomers Diss.
Chris Haythorpe, despite maximum effort, was beaten 9-6, 9-5, 9-6 in straight games. Paul Goodchild was out of form and went down 9-5, 9-0, 9-4.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Decision expected within weeks on 40 homes in village
- 3 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 4 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 7 Perfect close-up of 'Wolf Moon' captured in Norfolk by astrophotographer
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 10 People who test positive on lateral flows no longer need PCR
Dev Mahatme got his first win with a 9-5, 9-7, 9-0 result. Kevin Blake then had to win in straight games to salvage a draw. He cruised to 9-4, 9-6 but lost the third 10-8 and the next 2-9. Despite a 9-1 score to make it a 3-2 win the overall result was a 12-6 defeat.