Judo players' medals delight
MARHAM Judo Club travelled to participate in the AJA Leicester Open Judo Competition and returned with nine medals.The club entered 13 competitors - two seniors and 11 juniors - and was proud to see its members competing, utilising their skills and techniques taught in training.
MARHAM Judo Club travelled to participate in the AJA Leicester Open Judo Competition and returned with nine medals.
The club entered 13 competitors - two seniors and 11 juniors - and was proud to see its members competing, utilising their skills and techniques taught in training.
Gold medallists were Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, Sophie Buller, Rebekah Grant and Wendy Hulley, a senior. This was only Wendy's second competition and her second gold medal win.
Adora Storton won silver and bronze medallists were Cailean McCallum, Zachary McCallum, Matthew Parrott and Craig Hulley, a senior.
You may also want to watch:
Also competing on the day were Chris Parrott, Garry Paterson, Terry Andrewartha and Henry Andrewartha.
Although they did not win medals, they gave 100 per cent effort, and coaches Paul Nicholson and Tom Turner are extremely proud of that.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 5 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 8 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer