Judo players' medals delight
MARHAM Judo Club travelled to participate in the AJA Leicester Open Judo Competition and returned with nine medals.The club entered 13 competitors - two seniors and 11 juniors - and was proud to see its members competing, utilising their skills and techniques taught in training.
MARHAM Judo Club travelled to participate in the AJA Leicester Open Judo Competition and returned with nine medals.
The club entered 13 competitors - two seniors and 11 juniors - and was proud to see its members competing, utilising their skills and techniques taught in training.
Gold medallists were Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, Sophie Buller, Rebekah Grant and Wendy Hulley, a senior. This was only Wendy's second competition and her second gold medal win.
Adora Storton won silver and bronze medallists were Cailean McCallum, Zachary McCallum, Matthew Parrott and Craig Hulley, a senior.
You may also want to watch:
Also competing on the day were Chris Parrott, Garry Paterson, Terry Andrewartha and Henry Andrewartha.
Although they did not win medals, they gave 100 per cent effort, and coaches Paul Nicholson and Tom Turner are extremely proud of that.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 People urged to share their views on the future of Breckland towns