Joy of six for Swaffham Town at AFC Sudbury Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
A young Swaffham Town squad proved too strong for AFC Sudbury Reserves, to keep their promotion hopes alive.
The Pedlars had not played a league game this month before their trip to Suffolk, due to postponement.
On a very wet morning, the 6-1 scoreline was not necessarily a true reflection of the match as Pedlars keeper Lee Brooks came to the assistance of his defence on more than one occasion.
Captain Michael Thompson headed home the first goal in the 24th minute, making the best of a corner from Alex Vincent, and it was Vincent who scored the second, with two minutes remaining in the half, taking advantage of a spilled ball.
Joe Jackson scored the third five minutes after the break, Aaron Porter providing the cross for him to convert. Vincent scored his second in the 83rd minute from another loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
Brothers Nick and Matthew Castellan hit goals five and six for the Pedlars, Nick converting his first goal for the senior team and Matt side-footing from a Vincent free-kick.
The Pedlars will look to keep the pressure on the top three on Saturday when they take on ninth-placed Halstead Town at Shoemakers Lane in a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 'Almost life changing' - school overjoyed with Every Child Online laptops
- 2 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 9 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
Swaffham Reserves drew 2-2 at home against Yelverton in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, with Ben Harris and Ashley St John on target. This Saturday the reserves are away to struggling Hemsby (2pm).