Joy of six for Swaffham Town at AFC Sudbury Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
A young Swaffham Town squad proved too strong for AFC Sudbury Reserves, to keep their promotion hopes alive.
The Pedlars had not played a league game this month before their trip to Suffolk, due to postponement.
On a very wet morning, the 6-1 scoreline was not necessarily a true reflection of the match as Pedlars keeper Lee Brooks came to the assistance of his defence on more than one occasion.
Captain Michael Thompson headed home the first goal in the 24th minute, making the best of a corner from Alex Vincent, and it was Vincent who scored the second, with two minutes remaining in the half, taking advantage of a spilled ball.
Joe Jackson scored the third five minutes after the break, Aaron Porter providing the cross for him to convert. Vincent scored his second in the 83rd minute from another loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
Brothers Nick and Matthew Castellan hit goals five and six for the Pedlars, Nick converting his first goal for the senior team and Matt side-footing from a Vincent free-kick.
The Pedlars will look to keep the pressure on the top three on Saturday when they take on ninth-placed Halstead Town at Shoemakers Lane in a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 2 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 3 'Suspicious package' turns out to be hidden treasure chest
- 4 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 5 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 10 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
Swaffham Reserves drew 2-2 at home against Yelverton in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, with Ben Harris and Ashley St John on target. This Saturday the reserves are away to struggling Hemsby (2pm).