Joy of six for Swaffham Town at AFC Sudbury Reserves
- Credit: Eddie Deane
A young Swaffham Town squad proved too strong for AFC Sudbury Reserves, to keep their promotion hopes alive.
The Pedlars had not played a league game this month before their trip to Suffolk, due to postponement.
On a very wet morning, the 6-1 scoreline was not necessarily a true reflection of the match as Pedlars keeper Lee Brooks came to the assistance of his defence on more than one occasion.
Captain Michael Thompson headed home the first goal in the 24th minute, making the best of a corner from Alex Vincent, and it was Vincent who scored the second, with two minutes remaining in the half, taking advantage of a spilled ball.
Joe Jackson scored the third five minutes after the break, Aaron Porter providing the cross for him to convert. Vincent scored his second in the 83rd minute from another loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
Brothers Nick and Matthew Castellan hit goals five and six for the Pedlars, Nick converting his first goal for the senior team and Matt side-footing from a Vincent free-kick.
The Pedlars will look to keep the pressure on the top three on Saturday when they take on ninth-placed Halstead Town at Shoemakers Lane in a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 2 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 5 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Swaffham Reserves drew 2-2 at home against Yelverton in Division Three of the Anglian Combination, with Ben Harris and Ashley St John on target. This Saturday the reserves are away to struggling Hemsby (2pm).