Jenna-Jaye grabs bronze
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall. The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall.
The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye competed in the under 40kg weight group category and there were 12 competitors in this group.
She skilfully won her first three fights which saw her successfully going through to the next part of the competition. This alone was a great achievement as only two of the 12 competitors successfully won their first three fights.
You may also want to watch:
She went on to win her fourth fight but was sadly overpowered in her fifth fight, gaining a bronze medal.
She was also awarded a trophy for the best girl stylist of the whole competition for her outstanding tomoe nage throws, defeating three opponents by straight ippons.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
This was a very successful end to a whole year's training and hard work.