Jenna-Jaye grabs bronze
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall. The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall.
The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye competed in the under 40kg weight group category and there were 12 competitors in this group.
She skilfully won her first three fights which saw her successfully going through to the next part of the competition. This alone was a great achievement as only two of the 12 competitors successfully won their first three fights.
You may also want to watch:
She went on to win her fourth fight but was sadly overpowered in her fifth fight, gaining a bronze medal.
She was also awarded a trophy for the best girl stylist of the whole competition for her outstanding tomoe nage throws, defeating three opponents by straight ippons.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
- 7 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
This was a very successful end to a whole year's training and hard work.