Jenna-Jaye grabs bronze
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall. The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye Nicholson, 11, from Marham Judo Club competed in the British Junior Judo National Championships recently at Walsall.
The British National Championships are the ultimate goal for children competing.
Jenna-Jaye competed in the under 40kg weight group category and there were 12 competitors in this group.
She skilfully won her first three fights which saw her successfully going through to the next part of the competition. This alone was a great achievement as only two of the 12 competitors successfully won their first three fights.
You may also want to watch:
She went on to win her fourth fight but was sadly overpowered in her fifth fight, gaining a bronze medal.
She was also awarded a trophy for the best girl stylist of the whole competition for her outstanding tomoe nage throws, defeating three opponents by straight ippons.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 6 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 7 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 10 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
This was a very successful end to a whole year's training and hard work.