Jackson back on board as Pedlars claim an excellent away victory
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town maintained their fine recent form as they followed up a midweek draw at Ely with an excellent 2-0 win at sixth placed Stanway Rovers.
Saturday's game saw a welcome return to Swaffham for Joe Jackson, whose signing was completed as the registration window closed for the season.
Also joining the squad was Tom Kendrick, new to the area but familiar to centre back Danny Tindall.
An even first half, with both sides having opportunities, included the home side rattling the crossbar from 30 yards.
Swaffham's hard work finally paid off three minutes into the second period, Jackson playing in a low ball from the right hand side, Vincent getting a flick on to nutmeg the keeper and Nick Castellan making sure the ball crossed the line with a tap-in from a yard.
You may also want to watch:
Castellan made in two in the 59th minute, firing home from 12 yards across the box into the left hand corner. The Pedlars played the better football and thoroughly deserving the three points.
The previous Tuesday Swaffham picked up a point at Ely after losing keeper Dan Gentry in the warm-up. They drew 2-2, with the two best goals of the evening coming from Vincent and Ben Champion.
- 1 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 2 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- 5 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 8 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 9 Norfolk man's year-long fitness challenge in memory of parents
- 10 Historic Debenhams building goes up for rent
Champion played the ball through for Vincent to fire home from 18 yards across the keeper. Ely hit back before Vincent set up Champion a minute into the second half to fire the visitors back into the lead with a thumping shot from 16 yards. Ely equalised in the last minute – but it was still a decent result.
On Saturday Swaffham head back down the A12 for a game at Brantham Athletic, knowing a win could take them off the bottom of the table
Despite putting the Horsford goal under siege, Swaffham's second string were beaten 2-1, with Alan Woodcock getting the goal. On Saturday the Reserves are away to Gayton United.
The Under-18s dropped all three points in their title race, going down 2-1 to Fakenham Town at Clipbush Park, Matthew Blackford netting for the Pedlars. This Thursday they travel to the FDC at Bowthorpe to face Easton & Otley College.