Jackson at the double for Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town 2 Debenham LC 1
The Pedlars picked up another three points with a convincing win over Thurlow Nunn First Division leaders Debenham LC.
Swaffham took the lead on the stroke of half-time, when Joe Jackson was played through by Dwayne Hockton and slotted past the visiting keeper.
The Pedlars, still depleted through multiple injuries, demonstrated their strength as a squad and remained calm and dedicated to playing their passing game, despite the efforts of Debenham to kick and run.
Jackson made in two, 15 minutes into the second half, when he rounded the keeper, with a Debenham defender unable to clear and slicing the ball into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors got one back just four minutes later, and the pressure was back on the Pedlars to keep them at bay. Solid defending by the Swaffham back four and sound keeping by Joshua Barnes ensured the three points.
It was a great performance by the young Pedlars squad, providing great entertainment for the spectators and promise for a fantastic season.
- 1 'We will get it back' - Care home told to improve but boss stays positive
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Crucial step taken towards new leisure centre for town
- 4 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 5 Pretty 17th century cottage linked to Lord Nelson for sale
- 6 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Family's joy as beloved dog returns home after week-long search
- 10 Delays to thousands of bin collections across Breckland
Fifth-placed Swaffham have a friendly match at home to RAF Marham on Tuesday and on Saturday travel to Needham Market Reserves.
The Reserves had a good 3-0 win at Norwich CEYMS, Kodie Turvey, Nick Castellan and Finlay Bloodworth finding the net.