Jackson at the double for Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham Town 2 Debenham LC 1
The Pedlars picked up another three points with a convincing win over Thurlow Nunn First Division leaders Debenham LC.
Swaffham took the lead on the stroke of half-time, when Joe Jackson was played through by Dwayne Hockton and slotted past the visiting keeper.
The Pedlars, still depleted through multiple injuries, demonstrated their strength as a squad and remained calm and dedicated to playing their passing game, despite the efforts of Debenham to kick and run.
Jackson made in two, 15 minutes into the second half, when he rounded the keeper, with a Debenham defender unable to clear and slicing the ball into the net.
The visitors got one back just four minutes later, and the pressure was back on the Pedlars to keep them at bay. Solid defending by the Swaffham back four and sound keeping by Joshua Barnes ensured the three points.
It was a great performance by the young Pedlars squad, providing great entertainment for the spectators and promise for a fantastic season.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 'A wonderful achievement' - Carbrooke residents finally get community hub
- 8 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 9 Woman in 70s left with life-threatening injuries after crash near Swaffham
- 10 Female governor of Norfolk prison says job is 'easier than being a mum'
Fifth-placed Swaffham have a friendly match at home to RAF Marham on Tuesday and on Saturday travel to Needham Market Reserves.
The Reserves had a good 3-0 win at Norwich CEYMS, Kodie Turvey, Nick Castellan and Finlay Bloodworth finding the net.