In-form Watton win on court
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II. Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II.
Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
Kevin Blake came back from 7-2 down in the first to edge it 9-7. The second was comfortable 9-3 with a closer third, but Kevin stayed in control taking it 9-7, also winning in straight games.
John Needham was again involved in a long drawn out affair, initially losing the first 9-6.
You may also want to watch:
John took the second 9-1 but eased off losing the third 9-5.
John looked out of it at 7-2 down in the fourth but dug deep using his experience over a youngster to come back and take it 9-7.
- 1 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 2 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 6 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 7 'I didn't want to bother NHS' - Cancer scare mum urges others to seek help
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
His opponent then faded badly with John winning the decider 9-1 to come through 3-2.
First-string Martin Guppy was dominant despite a spirited display from his opponent coming though 9-5, 9-1, 9-7 in straight games.
Watton are now second in the table with another away trip, this time to Cromer.