In-form Watton win on court
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II. Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II.
Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
Kevin Blake came back from 7-2 down in the first to edge it 9-7. The second was comfortable 9-3 with a closer third, but Kevin stayed in control taking it 9-7, also winning in straight games.
John Needham was again involved in a long drawn out affair, initially losing the first 9-6.
John took the second 9-1 but eased off losing the third 9-5.
John looked out of it at 7-2 down in the fourth but dug deep using his experience over a youngster to come back and take it 9-7.
- 1 Pair admit racial attack in Chinese restaurant
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 6 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
- 7 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 8 By George! Woman digs up coin 'from reign of George I'
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 All aboard for a 'street party atmosphere' at railway's jubilee events
His opponent then faded badly with John winning the decider 9-1 to come through 3-2.
First-string Martin Guppy was dominant despite a spirited display from his opponent coming though 9-5, 9-1, 9-7 in straight games.
Watton are now second in the table with another away trip, this time to Cromer.