In-form Watton win on court
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II. Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
WATTON squash team maintained their recent good form with a 16-2 away victory over Division Three opponents Fakenham II.
Dev Mahatme was never really troubled in a 9-6, 9-6, 9-5 straight game win.
Kevin Blake came back from 7-2 down in the first to edge it 9-7. The second was comfortable 9-3 with a closer third, but Kevin stayed in control taking it 9-7, also winning in straight games.
John Needham was again involved in a long drawn out affair, initially losing the first 9-6.
You may also want to watch:
John took the second 9-1 but eased off losing the third 9-5.
John looked out of it at 7-2 down in the fourth but dug deep using his experience over a youngster to come back and take it 9-7.
- 1 Discount retailer opens new furniture store in Swaffham
- 2 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 3 Police searching for criminal wanted on recall to prison
- 4 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
- 5 Household Cavalry to make Norfolk return
- 6 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 7 PR workers' silence to help others find their voice
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 9 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
His opponent then faded badly with John winning the decider 9-1 to come through 3-2.
First-string Martin Guppy was dominant despite a spirited display from his opponent coming though 9-5, 9-1, 9-7 in straight games.
Watton are now second in the table with another away trip, this time to Cromer.