Hincliffe is Queen Bea for Watton
WATTON Ladies were determined to make amends for the previous week's result - and they did so in style, beating Norwich Union III 7-1 away.They started strongly and the first goal came from a penalty corner, where Rachael Hickson passed to Grace Mitchell, who made a great first-time strike.
WATTON were determined to make amends for the previous week's result - and they did so in style, beating Norwich Union III 7-1 away.
They started strongly and the first goal came from a penalty corner, where Rachael Hickson passed to Grace Mitchell, who made a great first-time strike. A second followed from Bea Hincliffe.
The third goal came from some great work from Hinchliffe and Charlotte Paine, who carved open the Union defence, for Hinchliffe to net. Union came out strongly in the second half but it was Watton who struck first through Alex Glading.
Union began to pressure the Watton defence and their hard work paid off with a goalmouth scramble ending with the ball in the goal. Watton saw this as a wake-up call and began to work as a team with a great run from Miranda Nichols on the right, who took the ball all the way in to score.
You may also want to watch:
Watton wrapped up a great performance with the skilful Glading getting her third.
Player of the match, with an outstanding display, was young Bea Hincliffe.
- 1 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 Village church's remarkable growth told in new book
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 8 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 9 1,000-year-old church to hold fundraising concerts
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van