High five for Watton Ladies
Old Buckenham 1, Watton Ladies 5WATTON Ladies continued their strong start to the Women's East 2NE Hockey Division with this win on Saturday against Old Buckenham.
Old Buckenham 1, Watton Ladies 5
WATTON Ladies continued their strong start to the Women's East 2NE Hockey Division with this win on Saturday against Old Buckenham.
The first half saw a lot of pressure from Watton, finally converted into a lead when Lucy Briggs scored from a close-range shot.
A well-struck shot by Lynsey Reeve at the top of the D from a short corner was deflected into the bottom corner by Charlotte Paine to take Watton to 2-0 at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw both teams pile on the pressure, but Watton continued to pass well and their third goal confirmed it, with a series of quick passes starting in their own half between Sarah Howard and Charlotte Paine, before passing to Briggs to sweep the ball into an empty goal.
Old Buckenham scored from a penalty stroke after a quick break left them one-on-one with Serena Scott, who saved the shot but was unable to clear the ball.
- 1 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 2 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk carer named one of best in the country
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Town to introduce ice skating at annual Christmas light switch-on
- 6 Farm park wins accolade for helping 'amazing' rare animals
- 7 Soil testing firm to create 45 new jobs in Norfolk
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 BMW stolen from driveway in small Norfolk village
- 10 Man pulled teen from car and held knife to his throat in attack
However, within five minutes Watton too had a penalty stroke awarded after a shot hit a defender's foot on the goal line, and this was calmly converted by Sally Rose in the left corner.
The game was finally wrapped up with an undercut shot from Paine into the top left-hand corner, sealing another confident win for Watton, who host Sudbury II this weekend.