Hectic schedule for Swaffham Town
- Credit: Archant
Heavy rain saw Swaffham Town's home clash with Saffron Walden postponed on Saturday.
The Pedlars are due to return to Thurlow Nunn Premier Division action tonight at Ipswich Wanderers, before playing the reverse fixture at Shoemakers Lane on Saturday.
A busy schedule then continues on Monday, as a third attempt of an away game against Newmarket is scheduled. The first was abandoned due to the Jockeys' keeper being knocked out, the second Newmarket won 1-0, but it has subsequently been identified that the hosts played a suspended player and the game must be replayed – which will be played at Bury Town's ground, Ram Meadow.
Swaffham Town Reserves pushed Division Three leaders Mattishall Reserves all the way but lost 3-2 in their latest Almary Green Anglian Combination clash.
The Pedlars lost a hard-fought game, with Joe Jackson bagging a brace on his way back from injury. Swaffham are scheduled to play their final game of the season against Brandon, on Saturday, April 30.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Under-18s completed their season on Thursday with a thrilling 3-3 draw at home to CSF Canaries, Conor McQuaid, Jake Slender and Matt Blackford scoring for the Pedlars. They finished runners-up in their league to Easton & Otley College.
- 1 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 2 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Handyman from Watton died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?